June 2012 Weddings

Awe Moment

So H and I have been calling each other husband and wife in conversation mostly to each other since we were married on the 23rd. At the store the other day he mentioned to the clerk something about he would have convince his wife first he was looking at guns. This was the first time I'd heard him refer to me as this to someone else and I literally got butterflies in my stomach. I couldn't believe how those words affected me. This was my awe moment of the week. Anyone want to share theirs?

Re: Awe Moment

• My husband and I got married on the 23rd as well. We were at a neighbor's house and the neighbors we discussing going to a local bar and my husband said, "You better ask my wife!!" haha. They all started laughing and ooo-ing and ahhing and said "wife" and turned to me for the answer.

My husband has been really sweet about working wife into conversations. I have messed up a few times and called him my fiance then immediately my husband. We were engaged for a yr and a half so its just a habit I will have to break haha.
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    My H doesn't know hardly any spanish.  When we were on our HM he was trying to talk to one of the travel places and the person there knew broken english.  After some confusion he told her to "hold on, let me get my wife who can talk to you more."  He told me this after he called me over and it made me smile.
  • H and I have been each other 'Husband' and 'Wife' since we got married on the 24th but i get a little thrill each time. The first time he used it to someone else I was getting out of the cab on our HM and I heard him say something to the cabbie about picking us up the next day and he said "my wife and i". It was AWEsome!!
  • On our flights home from our HM, my husband was frustrated cause our seats were not by one another and when he booked it he made sure they were.  So he went up to the lady and was like our seats are messed up, when I booked this, blah, blah, blah.  I really want to sit next to my wife.  He comes back to me and was like that was the weirdest thing ever, I was like what. He's like when I had to explain that I wanted to sit next to my wife on the flight.  He was so cute about it. :o) Makes me smile every time. 

Today has been one month since the wedding, time has gone by so fast...he bought be a dozen roses today.awee
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards