June 2012 Weddings

Why did yo pick June for your wedding?

Hello June Brides!!!!
My FI and I choose June because he wanted to have the wedding in May for his birthday however, as a teacher, that was near the end of school and I was changing schools not knowing who I was going to work for in the fall. We all so pick June becuase June is the month between our birthday( mine being in July). June 21st became the date because I would be out of school, its a Thursday and since his birthday is May 21 and mine is July 23. It is directly in the middle. Are there any other unique reason for picking the Perfect Month Of June to get Married?
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Why did yo pick June for your wedding?

• I would have loved to get married in the fall since it's my favorite season, but I'm also a teacher and the fall would be nearly impossible to take time off.  We also got engaged in June and figured we needed about a year to plan so we looked at April through July.  June 9th worked with my church and the reception venue we loved so June 9th it is!  I like that in June the sun sets so late and it can be beautiful weather.  Let's keep our fingers crossed for the weather!
    Anniversary
  • For me, it was important because I didn't want to be in school when I had my wedding (I'm going for my doctorate), and June is summer weather in NY without it being 100% humidity. I'm allergic to tree pollen so May is out and I'd rather have my honeymoon in July since the Mediterranean is amazing then :) Hence why I picked June (june 30th!)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• We picked June because we will be out of school for the summer as well as June is a great month for weddings :)
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I also dreamed of having a wedding in the fall but school just starting it would not have work. I want a wedding in September and I want my wedding colors to be Merrigold and Gray (something different). 

The wedding is June ( Glad to be a JuneBride) and the colors are fushica and clementime ( orange)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_did-yo-pick-june-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7dd90751-035a-419a-91fa-1cec039bf300Post:5a2a6335-094c-40fa-9f84-030caed2db84">Re: Why did yo pick June for your wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We picked June because we will be out of school for the summer as well as June is a great month for weddings :)
    Posted by franklissa[/QUOTE]
    It is, isn't it??? I say, forget about the changin' leaves, nothing puts a smile on my face like a summer breeze :)

• We picked June becase I am a teacher and July and August are too busy for our families.  Easy choice :)
  • We chose June because I will be out of school for the summer and because I pretty much hate every other season besides summer! ;)
  • FH & I are bith teachers so late June early July gave us time for getting things done without having to take time off

Our 3 year anniversary is June 25 but that is a Monday and family has to travel. June 23 is my son's birthday, so we picked June 30
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • I think June is the obvious choice for teachers (I'm one too).

I had always wanted a fall wedding but due to crazy football fans on both our sides of the family and the range of college teams that are represented, trying to plan a wedding in the fall would have just been too difficult/pissed too many people off.
    June 16, 2012
  • Lol @ Acaponi87.... I am a diehard football fan and so are a lot of people in our families... I could have gotten married on a Saturday, I guess, but it's just easier to not get married during football season. It's funny to hear someone else say that though... I am a baseball fan too but there's a lot more baseball games than football games so it's okay if I miss one!

• FI chose June because that's one of the very few times his brother will be home from school.

I really wanted to get married in March or October. Still bummed about it.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have always wanted a summer wedding. Our original date was July 14, 2012 but we moved it up due to a possible military conflict. We are both students as well so that's another reason we went with the summer.  
  • We picked June for a lot of different reasons. I have one cousin getting married the end of April and we didn't want my grandpa to have to travel so much so close together. It worked out well since my cousin on the other side is now getting married in May!

We also love June. Peonies (my favorite flowers) are still in bloom. Both of our birthdays are in June and I just think it's a wonderful month. The lighting in the South is beautiful that time of year. I also always wanted a tented reception and you can't really do that when it's cold outside or gets dark so early!
  • I have nothing to do with school, I just love the month of June.  Summer is so beautiful and warm in upstate NY, but June doesn't have the humidity and 90* temps.  We chose June 16 because our anniversary is Dec 20, he proposed on Dec 18, and June 16 just completed the number game :)
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • We picked June for a variety of reasons: 1) We got engaged 4th of July weekend and figured we'd need about a year to get everything together so May-June of 2012 was our target date. We didn't want the weather to be too hot or chilly either. 2) FI is a diehard hunter so a wedding date anywhere between September 1st and January 1st is out. Late spring/early summer works much better for that situation :) Once we started looking at venues and decided on our choice, there were only 2 weekends left in June--we choose the 16th...just because. No particular attachment to it or anything. Well...now there is ;)
  • We are both students finishing our degrees this year, so we had always planned on getting married the summer after that because I plan on moving on to post graduate studies next fall across the country, and I don't want to be planning my wedding from a 3 hour time difference. 

Our anniversary is June 12th, so we were originally going to have it that day, but some of our close friends are Australian and they are still in school until near the end of June. We were going to pick July 1st but our ceremony site booked up that day/the time we wanted, so we changed to the Saturday of the long weekend, June 30th! 

June is a lovely month for weddings here, it isn't too hot, but the July Long weekend is always nice where I live. 
  • I knew I wanted my wedding in a warmer month. I originaly wanted the date for May 26th, 2012- my Grandmother's birthday but I guess since that is considered Memorial Day weekend it was tough finding a venue that date still open (and we started looking in January of 2011!)

June 9th was my second choice if we couldn't get the May date because it was closest to our "unofficial" anniversary which is June 6th (I like the aniversary number flip upside down we have going on ;)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I've always wanted to get married in June. My birthday is in June, which makes it one of my favorite months, and I'm a teacher, so it works best with that. The timing also works out for FI so that he'll be on a break from school before he starts hospital rotations. I also knew I wanted to use pink as one of my colors, which I think works best in spring/summer.
    Photobucket
  • My grandparents got married in June, and they will be celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary in 2012. They have had such a long, loving, marriage and I want mine to be the same! So I decided to get married as close to their anniversary as I could. 2 of my cousins have gotten married in June for the same reason :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • FI actually picked our date. Summer is my favorite season so I'm not complaining. June is early enough in summer that the heat isn't unbearable here in the south, and June is considered a "lucky" month for love and marriage. I don't think FI knew that, but I like it! My parents were married June 25, 1983, and our wedding is June 23 (and FI was born the year my parents got married, hehe). Also, FI and I will be graduating in May, so June was perfect b/c we would be finished with school, and ready to start a whole new life together. =) Like a few others have said, fall wasn't even a thought b/c of football season. We go to all games (home and away) and although our wedding would be more important than a football game, we wouldn't even entertain the idea of getting married during football. Plus, none of our friends would want to miss the games either.
  • We were originally in April, but FI's aunt threw a hissy fit and declared she wasn't attending because "her kids might possibly have school activities that weekend." We were going to ignore her, and then MY sister screwed up her fall semester abroad and had to switch to spring semester. There was no way I was taking a chance at my sister being unable to attend, so we moved it to june, the soonest month she would be back.
  • We actually were planning for July 2012 but our location turned into a parking lot next to the beach.  So with that we looked at my schedule and family vacations and June fit best.  We then picked the 22nd because we wanted a Friday (cheaper). 
  • @MMRoberts. Ours is Thursday, the 21. We deciede to give people some days to work before coming to our wedding in Domincan Republic. We were looking at the 20 and 21. One of my close friends got married on the 24 so that was out of the questions. However, we found out that his older brother was married on the 21. So the youngest son is getting married on the oldest son's anniversary
  • We chose June for two reasons:
    1. I am a teacher and summer works best for time off! :) Plus..I LOVE SUMMER! Shorts, flip flops, the beach....YES PLEASE!!!!

2. We are huge DMB fans (we go to like every concert, have been to CO, Vegas, VA, etc to see him)  He has a song called 41 and the numbers 6.23.12 add up to 41!!!  THIS IS A SECRET BETWEEN US GIRLS...we didn't tell people about the date adding up to 41.  Its a special number between FI and I for our wedding day.  It'll be our little secret and our way of tying in something we both love!  Plus some people will totally think we are weird!
    image.
  • WoW JRP279. you guys really put thought into your date. Whatever floats your boat. You guys are weird. You guys are in love. The cutest part is that you have a secret that noone at the party knows about. 
  • We chose Friday, June 15th because the 15th is already our anniversary. No need to try to memorize another date. We will be together for 4 years on our wedding day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • We chose it for school reasons and I always wanted to be a summer bride. 

First Look
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • goodine11- Thank you! :)  But are we wierd or aren't we??  hehe  You wrote that we are...that's ok because we know we are! :)  But yes, we do have something that is just between he and I!!! (and now...all of you)  hahha!! 
    image.
  • I never realized how many teachers we have here!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_did-yo-pick-june-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7dd90751-035a-419a-91fa-1cec039bf300Post:c72f8ae7-3a9b-4ed0-a697-159e4cd0bcc6">Re: Why did yo pick June for your wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI actually picked our date. Summer is my favorite season so I'm not complaining. June is early enough in summer that the heat isn't unbearable here in the south, and June is considered a "lucky" month for love and marriage. I don't think FI knew that, but I like it! <strong>My parents were married June 25, 1983</strong>, and our wedding is June 23 (and FI was born the year my parents got married, hehe). Also, FI and I will be graduating in May, so June was perfect b/c we would be finished with school, and ready to start a whole new life together. =) Like a few others have said, fall wasn't even a thought b/c of football season. We go to all games (home and away) and although our wedding would be more important than a football game, we wouldn't even entertain the idea of getting married during football. Plus, none of our friends would want to miss the games either.
    Posted by SheilaDancer43[/QUOTE]

Insane!! My parents were married June 25, 1982 and I was born 11/11/83! I'm also excited about getting married on a date so close to when my parents got married (6/30) AND he and I are big football fans and I would never get married during football season either!! lol super cool....what are you graduating with? (what degree)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards