June 2012 Weddings

Married for 1 Week Tomorrow (Recap + Pics)

The husband and I got back today from our 5 night trip to Gatlinburg, TN. It was an awesome trip and we did a lot of walking and a lot of shopping as well as spending time in the cabin.

The photographer has already started posting pictures so I'll show you a few.

Our day was great, even with the little mishaps. we were supposed to start our hair at 9 am and the hairstylists didn't get to the church til 10. But they did get there and it turned out to not be a problem. 

The programs were wrong because the best man dropped out and we forgot to put out the kid's welcome bags so I've got a bunch of coloring books, crayons, and stickers laying around. My dress was wide and the aisle narrow so Dad and I had to worry about knocking over a luminary and catching on fire as we walked down the aisle. We also forgot to have someone play the recessional song, so H and I walked out to our families and friends clapping until the violinist and viola player rescued us by starting up the wedding march.

But the ceremony was beautiful. The ringbearers behaved and the flowergirls were perfect. I almost cried while I read my vows and Steven's vows were beautiful. Our pastor remembered to have us kiss at the end (he'd forgotten every time at the rehearsal). And at the end we were married. :)

Me and My Dad

The reception was a lot of fun. Our baker surprised us by making our little cutting cake in rainbow layers which was awesome. And I rubbed icing on Steven's face. Our dances were the strangest first dance and father/daughter, mother/son dances ever. We all laughed and talked the whole way through them. It totally suited us though and those pictures are some of my favorites. My only disappointment was that everyone left pretty early so we didn't get to do our bubble send off.

Speaking of pictures though, We took the group ones outside and I don't know what it was, but the bugs loved my dress. They kept getting up under the top layer, it was awful. Anyway, that was it. It was really a great day and I wouldn't change it for anything. :)

Re: Married for 1 Week Tomorrow (Recap + Pics)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards