June 2012 Weddings

Asking bridesmaids

I know it's too early to do this, but when are you ladies were going to your bridesmaids?  Are you going to be creative or just ask them?

I don't know when I should I ask them, but I was thinking of doing it around this time next year. I think I'm going to give them a card with a cute little poem in it asking if they would be one of my bridesmaids.  Does that sound good?

Re: Asking bridesmaids

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_asking-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:86c19175-47da-4e53-86b4-7c3267912f3cPost:47355a65-be1e-4289-8c47-002eddf52168">Asking bridesmaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know it's too early to do this, but when are you ladies were going to your bridesmaids?  Are you going to be creative or just ask them? I don't know when I should I ask them, but I was thinking of doing it around this time next year. I think I'm going to give them a card with a cute little poem in it asking if they would be one of my bridesmaids.  Does that sound good?
    Posted by Purple&7[/QUOTE]

I don't plan on asking my BP till about 6-9 months out. I think a year is even too early since people and relationships change often.
  • I'm also planning on making cute cards with a poem asking them to be my bridesmaid. I'll probably give it to them 9 months before the wedding.

June 2012-July Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have asked my MOH but am waiting on the rest of my wedding party until the spring. I already have everyone in mind so it is really hard for me not to ask though!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited October 2010
    I haven't decided who they are yet...but it's probably just going to be my 3 sisters. I would like to send them each flowers, with a card asking if they will be in the wedding. Regardless of who it ends up being, I'll wait until there's only a year left.

I've been a bridesmaid 5 times in recent years. Most asked over the phone, but one sister asked via text message (please don't do this!).
  • I plan on asking my bridesmaids next summer. My sisters are the MOH's so they already know they are in it but I def have the rest in mind. However if we need to cut our budget down the only way to do that is to cut down the bridal party (less bouquets, boutenniers, smaller limo, etc) so I may have to ask them to do other things ie. church readings. i know we are all so anxious!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards