June 2012 Weddings
Options

I've done nothing, but want to introduce myself!

Hi ladies!

I'm Claire and I live in Charlottesville, VA.  I got engaged the day after Thanksgiving.  So far, my FI and I have only zeroed in on a month to get married, June 2012 (der...hence my being here in this forum), but we haven't done much else.  However, I find myself so fascinated by the social circles that exist on these boards that I wanted to join one. 

So, I'm posting an intro.

But I don't really know what to say. 

I like cupcakes?  I have a dog?  I work my tail off and don't know if I can plan a wedding, which is why I'm pouring over The Knot for info.  I'm not too, too terribly behind, am I?

Re: I've done nothing, but want to introduce myself!

• Options
    Don't feel bad I've done nothing ad well but I blame being a full time doc student for that lol but I plan to do something while I'm on winter break. I'm from VA as well but I go to school in IL...well welcome, congrats, and happy planning
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome to the Boards! Are you getting married in Charlottesville?? We are getting married at VMI, where FI went to school. As you will find out, the ladies on our board are so helpful and they are supportive. We haven't had any drama and issues yetWink

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    Congrats and Welcome! You're not alone. The only thing I've really done is pick out my colors.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_ive-done-nothing-but-want-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:8a57a0e0-d375-41b6-b550-5e651ce836d9Post:a6b6429e-9447-448c-8aea-f17a87fef16c">Re: I've done nothing, but want to introduce myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome to the Boards! Are you getting married in Charlottesville?? We are getting married at VMI, where FI went to school.
    Posted by sprtychick10[/QUOTE]
    Thanks!  Yes, we're getting married in Charlottesville.  It's funny how the idea of getting married at a vineyard or an inn was totally foreign before I moved here.  Now, I can't imagine not being outdoors and in a "very Virginia" type setting.

I've seen some wedding pictutres from VMI...I assume you'll have some cadets there to do the big sword exit?  :)

Check this out:
    <a href="http://hayes-photo.com/weddings/bobby-and-bonnies-destination-wedding-in-lexington-virginia/" rel="nofollow">http://hayes-photo.com/weddings/bobby-and-bonnies-destination-wedding-in-lexington-virginia/</a>

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_ive-done-nothing-but-want-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:8a57a0e0-d375-41b6-b550-5e651ce836d9Post:584e2cd5-cdba-406a-b243-09fe420d88d9">Re: I've done nothing, but want to introduce myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats and Welcome! You're not alone. The only thing I've really done is pick out my colors.
    Posted by Purple&7[/QUOTE]Whew!  I sort of thought about the colors, but haven't settled on anything.  Apparently, the color I want is a little hard to find.  There are J. Crew and Ann Taylor bridesmaids dresses in the right color, but I haven't found much else.  I might just switch to a deep, teal color instead of the green-blue I wanted.
  • Options
    @cvilleclaire, "I've seen some wedding pictutres from VMI...I assume you'll have some cadets there to do the big sword exit?  :)"

yes, we will have some cadets doing a sabre arch for us outside the church. That was one of the first things I wanted to do when we decided to get married up there!! 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Welcome and Congratulations!!  Please do not hesitate to jump in, everyone here is so nice!  And you aren't behind, some of us have done more than others but we all still have another year and a half to go.  Enjoy the engagement!

@sprty - Sabre arch? Way cool!!

• Options
    @tiffany, I know!!! I can't wait to walk through the sabre arch and for the photo opportunities this gives us!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Welcome Claire!!! 

No you aren't behind at all.   I haven't done anything but pick my colors.  Other than that I'm just gathering ideas! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome Claire,

My name is Rendi =) I as well like cupcakes and have a dog. Her name is Addi and she is more like a baby than a dog.

UMMMM.... I have picked out one color which is Purple. And maybe sorta kinda decided where my wedding is going to be but not yet the reception. I went and spent $100 at Jo Ann's fabric just so I can say I have done something but that is IT.....

Let the planning begin.
  • Options
    Welcome to the June2012 board!!! Everyone on the board is super nice and will give you great support :) Looking forward to sharing ideas!!!!!
    June 2012-July Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome to the board!
    Don't feel bad about not having much done.... 18 months (roughly) left so you have plenty of time to do things.   Also, do not hesitate to ask any questions you have about anything , there will always be someone who can answer it for you.  Other than that, I would say be sure to utilize those around you.  My wedding is being just about entirely DIY and we are on a tight budget.  Luckily, most of my BMs live in the area and volunteered to help with anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards