June 2012 Weddings

Check!

I went a couple of weeks ago with 2 of my Bm's dress shopping. We found a dress that we all loved so I just needed to get my 3rd BM there for the final approval. Well we went last night and it was a semi-success! She loved it =)  *YAY* so 2 of the 3 dresses are ordered and my MOH will go this week to order hers!

now I say semi-success because when the sizing chart came out all hell broke loose! we all nearly died when both of my BM's were told they needed to order DOUBLE their size!!! That sizing chart needs to be burned! Then one of my BM's started to get upset because due to the bigger size the dress was $40 (I am paying for her dress because she cannot afford it) and I kept telling her not to worry about it then she also wanted to order the dress 3 sizes smaller than what they were telling her she needed! (we have until my MOH orders her to decide on a size =/ ) Fingers crossed this all works out in the end!

here's the dress:

Re: Check!

• cute dress. that sizing chart seems crazy. order double your size? wow
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't obey the sizing chart when I ordered a BM dress last year and regretted it.  Man that puppy was tight!
  • Make sure she was measured correctly and then order by the chart.  When I was a BM I had to order a 4 or 6 and I wear 0 or 1 in street clothes.  It needed to be taken in a little but not much.  Go by what the chart says, as weird as it may seem.
    Anniversary
  • Ditto paying attention to the size charts. Designers these days expect women to be stick thin! I know it's a blow to her self esteem, but she's needs to trust it. Cute dress, by the way!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Bill levkoff's sizing chart is very off so you really have to go by the measurements. When my friend got married last year our dresses were bill levkoff's and they ordered me an 8 when I wear a 2-4 in regular clothes. When my girls got measured for the same dress your girls are wearing it was the same deal and the ladies at the shop had them try on a similar style but smaller size from BL to compare. Wouldn't it figure that the girl who's wedding I bought the BL dress for was in denial and ordered a size smaller than the sample that fit her perfectly. So she ended up ordering a smaller size than the girls who are smaller than her all because she listened to the "number" on the label. Just hoping she decides to stick to her plan to lose a little weight otherwise it won't fit her and they will have to let it out. Just assure your bridesmaids that Bill Levkoff's has a completely different size chart than other designers. Also throw in the perk that the side rouching is flattering...part of the reason I chose the dress!
  • Aww I'm sorry. If they did the measurements and everything right get what they tell you even if it is double. If she orders one too small how is she gonna afford alterations if she can't afford the dress?
  • That dress is really cute.  Sorry about the hassle but some designers expect people to not have any shape to them beyond stick.  Just go with what the chart says and don't think about the number on the tag.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards