Washington-Seattle

At least it will be memorable

3 days.1) Record heat wave (my family ate dinner outside yesterday with the sprinker on under the table, and all 7 of them are sleeping on the floor in one room in our basement, sprawled on 3 mattresses... every store in Seattle is out of air conditioners)2) Forecast 97 degrees and nightly thunderstorms at the PRECISE time of the wedding every night in Mazama this week.  Our wedding is outdoors, with only a rustic barn if we need to take shelter.3) A massive mudslide has the N. Cascades pass closed today.  If it doesn't open by tomorrow, our guests will be having a 2 hour detour for Seattlites (hwy 2), or a 4 hr for the Canadian crew (hwy 97).Our.wedding.will.be.EPIC.  :)AND my family won't leave me alone to get some freaking wedding stuff done!!!!  If my mom interrupts me one more time to ask "where do you want this bread tie?" I'll kill her. 

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: At least it will be memorable

• rollenburollenbu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Sears in Overlake/Redmond (on 148th @ 24th) is supposed to be getting in a shipment of AC units tomorrow and another shipment on Saturday...they got 224 yesterday and sold out in about an hour...but if you want one, it's worth getting there when they open and just hanging out till you can get one...
  • ZistaZista member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks :)  I might send a family member there early tomorrow morning, but then we are all off to the other side of the mountains.  Now... can you solve the mudslide?  ;)

Pregnancy Ticker

• jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wowza...224 out in one hour!!! another way i heard to get'em is amazon or something...overnight shipping!
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, Zista!! I'm not sure how to respond, other than to tell your mom exactly WHERE she can put that bread tie!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sending {{{VIBES}}}} your way!Think of your sexy shoes....
  • edited December 2011
    Oooh....sexay shoes!
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • ZistaZista member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KST, that is priceless! Thanks ladies.  So much is left undone.  No vows yet, haven't practiced our dance, won't have those cute little pictures of us growing up, no cute little signs to point our guests on their way.... but everyone says those details won't matter (well, maybe the vows).  And so I repeat the wonderful mantra that you've given me... oh, sexy shoes, sexy sexy wedding shoes.... that makes me feel so much better!

Pregnancy Ticker

• edited December 2011
    sending 'fix the mudslide' vibes your way. can't wait to see pics!! it's almost here and it'll be perfect!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards