Washington-Seattle

Checks!

:: I finally ordered/put down payment on my veil!! :) It's so pretty, I want to wear it all the time.:: Talked to EE Robbins about FI's ring - we're still in talks about getting the tungsten with a band brushed into the center vs. paying twice the price for brushed platinum in the center. I say we get it brushed in. It looks the same, but I don't have to shell out over $1200 for something that looks exactly the same.:: Confirmed and paid down payment for navy blue tablecloth covers.Yay!!
greenbaby
BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Checks!

• keithnjuliekeithnjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Feels sooooooo good doesn't it!!!! Good job!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • koosh ballkoosh ball member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out http://www.titaniumkay.com/? It's so much cheaper and they are awesome. EE Robbins is a rip off in my opinion.http://www.titaniumkay.com/Mens-Tungsten-Carbide-Rings-100401.html
  • Aleighy617Aleighy617 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congratulations!!  i love check marks!check the warranty on that tungsten ring before you decide.  The platinum WILL become dull, and will have to be polished often to keep it nice.  Make sure the polishing is covered in your warranty.  If not, deffinately go with the brushed.  Platinum is very difficult to polish out and can take quite some time on the polishing wheel to get it buffed properly, therefore can be costly to keep up.
  • seblaggseblagg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, I second Koosh on Titanium Kay, they were fantastic and so affordable. My e-ring is from EE Robbins and they were very nice, but we didn't go there for our bands, because they're just so expensive. Fi's ring was $500 at EE and $100 and change at Titanium Kay.

• edited December 2011
    How's the quality at Titanium Kay? I'd definitely consider it, but I think FI wants to keep our business there since they've been so good to us and the warranties are awesome.
    greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Aleighy617Aleighy617 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tungsten is tungsten.  it is a man made metal that is the same from one place to the next.  the tricky part is sizing, as every manufacturer can differ slightly.  again, check your warranty, as tungsten cannot be sized.  Also, it can shatter, if it did, is that covered under your warranty?
  • seblaggseblagg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the quality is fantastic, as is the customer service. As PP said, Tungsten is tungsten and will be the same quality from one store to the next. The ring we got fi is the exact same ring they had at EE Robbins, just cheaper, I'm almost sure of it. The customer service was great. I ordered his ring, he tried it on and it was a tad big, so we returned it for the correct size. We had the new one back to us in a week. They also handled engraving as its my understanding that it's difficult to find an engraver for tungsten.Plus, IMO, the selection on titaniumkay is much better than EE.

• seblaggseblagg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's the warranty information -http://www.titaniumkay.com/warranty.aspx

• edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, I'll show this to FI! ;)
    greenbaby
    edited December 2011
    My husband loves his. We went to ben bridge to get a size and that worked great. I looked at EE and they wanted something like 600. I ended up paying about 90 bucks for his.
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards