June 2012 Weddings
Options

Time for ceremony and Reception

Help!! I'm unsure about what time to have my ceremony and reception! My wedding date is June 9th 2012, I live in Wisconsin and we're having the ceremony outdoors overlooking the Mississippi river. we want an afternoon/evening ceremony and reception, what are appropriate times?! Thanks!!

Re: Time for ceremony and Reception

• Options

We're wanting to have an outside ceremony, too.  So, I'm thinking about doing a 5:30pm ceremony and the reception from 6:00-10:00. 

• Options
    I am hoping to get married outside too and am figuring that the ceremony will be about 5 - 5:30 and the reception immediately following.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm getting married in doors; however, I think starting the ceremony at 5:30pm and having the reception immediately after would be best. My BF's wedding was an outdoor wedding last summer around 5:30. The weather and time were perfect.
    June 2012-July Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi!  I'm also from Wisconsin, and June is still in the fifties at night.  You might want to have the reception a little ealier so people don't start getting cold.  Generally, if it's warm when they get there, they won't think about it being cold when they leave and bring coats.  The river can add to that cold.
    I'm not sure what that means about start/end times, but keep in mind that if people are cold, they might leave early.
  • Options
    We're doing a 1 p.m. ceremony followed by the cocktail hour and reception.  I think it is supposed to end around 7 p.m. and then I'm hoping to be able to take advantage of the bon-fire pit at our location and do smores later in the evening.  I liked the idea of an earlier ceremony time so I'm not freaking out all day.  Plus we're on a Sunday so if anyone wanted to head out after the reception and be at work on Monday, they would be able to do that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards