June 2012 Weddings
Options

Sand Ceremony Ladies....

If you are doing a sand ceremony, how did you set it up? We are having an outdoor ceremony and I don't want to be walking around too much especially with the length of my train. I saw on Jashelle's pics that they had the officiant hold the main vase while they poured. Are others doing this? I really like this idea since i wouldn't have to move at all. Suggestions are appreciated! TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sand Ceremony Ladies....

• Options
    We are having a sand ceremony.  I would assume it will be set up on the alter in front of us (behind priest) at church.  Did yours come with the paper funnel to help make less of a mess when pouring?  I think we are going to use it LOL
  • Options
    We are going to have our officiant move off to the side. The sand ceremony stuff will be on a table behind him and we will go to the table. However, I don't have a long train. I do like the idea of the officiant holding the vase.

Are you going to have everything all set up when the ceremony starts? We were thinking of having the mom's carry in the sand and place them on the table. We also gave them a color to pour first before they are seated.

Also how long is your song for the sand ceremony?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_sand-ceremony-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c674603b-04a2-4719-8a76-bdb14bf94b16Post:d6c30552-55fb-49f2-a53e-1bfcd0f7a874">Re: Sand Ceremony Ladies....</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having a sand ceremony.  I would assume it will be set up on the alter in front of us (behind priest) at church.  Did yours come with the paper funnel to help make less of a mess when pouring?  I think we are going to use it LOL
    Posted by Qzees[/QUOTE]

It did not come with the paper funnel, but our vases is pretty big at the top so I dont see that being an issue!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_sand-ceremony-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c674603b-04a2-4719-8a76-bdb14bf94b16Post:494f4c59-7ea2-4c8a-9357-55de84067def">Re: Sand Ceremony Ladies....</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going to have our officiant move off to the side. The sand ceremony stuff will be on a table behind him and we will go to the table. However, I don't have a long train. I do like the idea of the officiant holding the vase. Are you going to have everything all set up when the ceremony starts? We were thinking of having the mom's carry in the sand and place them on the table. We also gave them a color to pour first before they are seated. Also how long is your song for the sand ceremony?
    Posted by G2SoccerTaz[/QUOTE]

Yes- everything will be set up before the ceremony. Our song is about 5 mins long. We thought about setting the table up behind the pastor, but I jst dont know how I could gracefully turn around in the area we are having the ceremony!
  • Options
    Is C participating in the sand ceremony? Do you think he will be able to hold it for you guys?

Maybe have your MOH help you with your train.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_sand-ceremony-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c674603b-04a2-4719-8a76-bdb14bf94b16Post:6fd87863-197c-42ff-94a5-051345112ff4">Re: Sand Ceremony Ladies....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is C participating in the sand ceremony? Do you think he will be able to hold it for you guys? Maybe have your MOH help you with your train.
    Posted by G2SoccerTaz[/QUOTE]

No, Carter will not be participating in the sand ceremony.
  • Options
    I am having a sand ceremony as well. I haven't thought about how it will be done. We have two glass cylinders to pour our sand into the one larger cylinder. I imagine I will ask my officiant he thinks it should be done on the day of Rehearsal. It will be an outdoor ceremony.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_sand-ceremony-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c674603b-04a2-4719-8a76-bdb14bf94b16Post:339ef49d-030c-4f7f-9702-c9ccdb52ea17">Re: Sand Ceremony Ladies....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sand Ceremony Ladies.... : Yes- everything will be set up before the ceremony. <strong>Our song is about 5 mins long.</strong> We thought about setting the table up behind the pastor, but I jst dont know how I could gracefully turn around in the area we are having the ceremony!
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Have you thought about what else you'll do during that song? The sand ceremony will probably only take 30 seconds to 1 minute.  Something to think about so you two aren't staring at each other for 4 minutes.  It sounds short, but with nothing else going on, it can feel like forever.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We had a table set up behind the pastor. He moved to the side, then we walked under our arch to the table. Face your guests, then start pouring. H totally spilled sand haha, so the funnel is a great idea.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    We are doing a unity volcano. There wont be anything to keep afterward but it fits our personlities much better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards