June 2012 Weddings

Save the Date...

Hello Brides

I am from the May 2013 board.  Since you all have passed the STD stage..I have a question.  Did you send out Save the Dates to EVERYONE on your list?

Example:

18 year old living at home with parent(s).... STD is mailed to Parent(s)...did the 18 year old get one too?

I'm trying to decide if I should send one STD to the same address.  

Re: Save the Date...

• In a case like your example, I only sent one to the family (only if everyone in the family was invited).  I had some families where the children were all small, and we had an adults only reception, so those invites I addressed to the adult couple only.

It's technically not proper etiquette, but if I knew the kids lived at home, I thought it was silly to send multiples since we had magnet STDs and how many of the same magnet do you want on your refrigerator?!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We sent one save the date for each family if the children lived at home. In some instances the children were in college or had moved out. Then we sent the STD to the parents and each one of the children.  
    Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Same as PPs.  But if there was anyone who I was even a little questioning their invitation at all, I didn't send.  A few examples:  SOs in tenuous relationships (only sent to the friend, not the SO), friends who have a penchant for drama, super extended family..

• edited June 2012
    Absolutely not. We weren't sure of our guest list at that point! We only sent them out to parents, siblings, aunts, uncles and adult cousins. My 21 year old cousins did not get STDs (their parents did), but my 30+ year old cousins with their own children did get STDs.
  • I sent 1 STD per address.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to Re:Save the Date...:[QUOTE]I sent 1 STD per address. Posted by peachykeen26[/QUOTE]

This.... Also we didn't send them to everyone one the list. Mostly family and close friends which left us some flexibility with our guest list.
  • I sent STD's to every person/couple over the age of 18.  Most that were younger and living with parents still were family members.  I also sent personal STD's to our RB and FG just so they could get their own and because I felt like it.  We got an amazing deal on our STD postcards and the postage was less then for a letter, so it wasn't a big deal for us to send a few more.
  • I sent 1 STD to each address of people I was SURE to invite. We didn't send them to everyone though, b/c we wanted the flexibility to cut down our list if some financial issue came up. Basically all family got them (except ones we knew wouldn't come b/c they live out of state and we hadn't seen them in years and years and years) and more recent friends/work people we didn't send them to. All WP got them and close friends. I'd say 60% of our list.
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards