July 2012 Weddings
Options

RD invites vent

So...my FMIL decided she wanted to do invitations for the RD, which is great. She said that she "designed them the same as the invitations" and is getting them printed through her boyfriend's printing company.  The thing is, my sister designed our invitations and is VERY peticular about her designs and photography.  I wish FMIL would've just asked her to have them printed rather than copying the design, b/c I don't want my sister to be offended if it isn't up to her standards.  Ugh... I'm glad that she is going through the effort to have them printed and wants them to coordinate with our invitations, but ugh.  End vent.
Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview

Re: RD invites vent

• Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    side note: what's the correct way to write 4:45pm on a formal invitation?  It looks like she's going the direction of formal for these, and the "four forty five o' clock" that she has written just doesn't sound right to me.
  • Options
    michelle11988michelle11988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Ouch I would tell your FMIL that you appreciate her help but maybe she should discuss the design of the RD invites with your sister since she created the images originially. Just say that you know your sister designed them and would probably like to help if necessary with the RD invites. 

I would write it as a quarter to five o'clock.  I think thats the formal way of doing it.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thats frustrating!  Sorry!  Maybe give you sister a heads up and tell her you didnt know until it was too late?  As for the time wording I think that sounds odd too.  I think just four forty five in the evening or a at a quarter to five in the evening sound better.  The o'clock just doesnt fit how she has it.
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would write the invitation as three quarters past four.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Quarter to five!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Sorry this is happening :-/

My FI designed ours and is very particular as well, I can imagine something like that bugging him. Not much you can do about it now though so just breathe. 

I like quarter to five or three quarters past four. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would say quarter to 5.

It isn't cool you FMIL is stealing your sister's design. Just isn't right.

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Whew, crisis averted.  I asked FI's mom about the quality, and just mentioned that since it was my sister's design, I wanted to make sure it would look great, as to not offend her.  She felt bad for not knowing my sister did it, and so she put the order on hold and asked my sister to put the text in rather than just scanning our invitations and just inserting her own text.  Glad it worked out in the end.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards