June 2012 Weddings

RD-Hiccup

We had planned on doing a bbq for our rehersal dinner. Since we were going to be at our venue and it wasn't booked the night before, we were told we could use it. Made perfect since all we had to pay for was a liquor license since it would be out doors. No big deal we did that. We are ten days out and I just got a call from the city we are getting married in.
    We can't do a bbq anymore, they have already notified the venue and would be refunding our money. I asked why. They just passed an emergency thing saying that were are to be no outdoors fires. Including grills of any sort. It makes total sense, my whole state is in a fire ban. Not thirty miles to then north, there is a raging wild fire. I get it but it sucks. 
   The woman I spoke to said she had already sent out money back, she felt terrible because she knew it was for a wedding thing. I told her it was okay and asked as long as we aren't using a fire of any kind can we still be outdoors and have liquor. Turns out we can she said she woud just give us the permit that we didn't need to send the money back again. That was awesome.
   Still it sucks but it is what it is. My FMIL suggested pizza, not sure though cause at the wedding we are having Italian dishes but it might work out. Pizza isn't on the list of things we're eating so it could work. If this is the worst that happens in then next ten days I'll be feeling pretty lucky.

Re: RD-Hiccup

• Yeah, that's not terrible!  Pizza is very different from other Italian dishes (pasta, etc.) so I think it would work!  Good attitude. :)
  • Pizza would be fine! I'm glad to see that you're not letting this little change in plans get you down! I'm sure whatever you serve will be lovely! Congrats!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I think pizza would be great, or if you don't want to eat hot food while you're outside in the heat, maybe some sort of sandwich tray with like potato & macaroni salads?  A picnic type thing?  The only worry would be not letting anything with dairy sit out in the heat for too long, but if you have some coolers it should be fine.

Glad you're going with the flow instead of freaking out (like I would be)!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well I had my oh crap moment in my head but then I just let it go. I can't change that they had to enact this rule so I have to make the best of it. We thought about subs and such but the day of the wedding that's what the guys are eating for lunch. Pizza should work, everyone loves pizza.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards