June 2012 Weddings
Options

Soooo irritated - vent long sorry

Ugh I am so disgusted right now I just need to get this off my chest.
I have been trying to get ahold of my dad for a couple weeks now.  He disconnected his house phone a few months back and his cel was always going to voice mail.  I have been talking to my sister on FB lately and I asked her if she had talked to him recently, and she said no.  She asked me if he had added me to FB since he recently joined up and I said I hadn't seen a request from him.

So I had 2 things about the wedding I wanted to talk to him about:  I wanted to know if he could help us out or if he was still planning on helping out.  Last summer he told me once we knew what we were going to need, let him know and he would see how much he could help.  The other reason I wanted to talk was to see if he thought I should send invites to his siblings (whom I haven't seen in like 12 years except for one brother I see every year) or should I just send announcements after the wedding.

So I finally got ahold of him tonight.  As soon as he answered and I said "hi dad" he said "no!"  I told him he didn't even know what I was going to ask, and he said, "yeah your sister told me you have been trying to get ahold of me to see how much money I can give you for your wedding and I can't give you anything so, no!"
I told him if he wasn't in a position to help us that's fine, I understand, etc.  Then I asked about the aunts and uncles.  He told me that turthfully he can't see anyone making the trip up (my thinking behind the question) but I should still send them invites, and he would be very upset if he found out I didn't.  Then he went on to tell me that he's not sure if he can make it, he has to go to my nephews graduation next year, etc. 
He ended the conversation by telling me that he is considering selling his house in our old town since it's sitting empty (he moved to the city for work and so my step-mom could find work) and if it sold he might be able to help, but don't count on it and don't count on him coming.  He also asked me that I not invite my step-mom's gf (he and my step-mom aren't together romantically anymore but still live together) because FI's family doesn't need to know about her.

So I am just beyond mad that my stupid sister told my dad I was trying to get in touch with him just to ask for money, and beyond hurt that my dad is going to drive to Ottawa for my nephews grad next year, which would be the week before the wedding, but can't come an extra days drive for my wedding.  As far as I know sister is planning on coming so he could just trvel with her.  I mean I know she has always been his favorite, but it still really sucks!  I don't care that he can't help with money,  I knew something would come up and it was probably an empty promise, but he got offended the first time I got married and waited until he got my stepmom to ask me if we needed help to sak him to contribute so I figured I would ask if he was still willing/able to help.
To top things off, i just got a FB message from my sioster saying dad was trying to call me but the number she gave him (wrong one) was out of service.  I really felt like telling her off, but I know it would just cause unwanted drama.

Ok vent over, if you got through all that, thanks :)
June 2012 Sig Challnege July: Ceremony Location
imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards