June 2012 Weddings
Options

QOTD 7/9

Does anyone treat you differently now that you are married?

Re: QOTD 7/9

• Options
    Nope.
    Still treated the same.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Yes and no. Most of it's jokingly and I haven't lost any friends because of it.

Example: We went camping this weekend at my aunt/uncles river camp where they had two campers set up. We had already pitched our tent but when it was getting closer to bedtime, they realized there was enough room in one of their campers for us to sleep in it. Despite the heat, we wanted to sleep in the tent and everyone was teasing us about it being to have sex that night. Well, it wasn't that night...;)
  • Options
    I feel like our married friends feel like we're 'one of them' now. Its really cute! Thankfully we've made our single friends aware that they are still a part of our lives so they haven't been MIA which I hope doesn't change. They were when we first started dating but now things are better then they were before...fingers crossed.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I dont think so..... but its only been 9 days....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just the hubs. He's gotten all weirdly protective. The other day I posted all our bubble wrap for free on Craig's List and someone came to get it. I met him out in front of the building and we have a doorman standing right there, but H insisted that he had to come downstairs with me for my protection. Ok champ.
  • Options
    kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    Everything is the same for us. He does love to call me his wife though!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Hmm yes and no. I think mostly at work clients see me more as one of them, someone's wife, instead of just a woman. Especially my male client's wives. If that makes any sense. 
  • Options
    TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Everything is pretty much the same. I think it'll be after we have kids that maybe we'll feel a change.
    BTW, congrats Chelsea!
  • Options
    Everything is pretty much the same.
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My amazing boss likes to call me Mrs. (my new last name) often and since she sees my H too sometimes in the office she likes to ask him about wedding/marriage stuff. 
    My other boss appears to be treating me more like an adult now which is kinda weird.

Everyone else pretty much treats us the same.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_qotd-79?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f44f7260-f762-4d48-b6fe-30a39234e9c8Post:c3dc39d2-e6a6-4e2c-90c4-dce6868b5766">Re: QOTD 7/9</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everything is pretty much the same. I think it'll be after we have kids that maybe we'll feel a change. BTW, congrats Chelsea!
    Posted by Teep[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It's pretty much the same. My mom loves calling me Mrs. M___, which is cute.

The broker's at work love referring to Brandon as my husband. It's pretty cute. He no longer has a name...just your husband. I think it's because no one likes to use the word fiance. It's so stuffy, especially for a man.
  • Options
    Nope. Treated the same.
  • Options
    I've actually gotten in a huge fight with one of my close friends because she's treated me totally different. She was complaining to me about her husband (which I think she was totally overreacting, it was a miscommunication but she made it seem like he was out to get her) and I told her (nicely) that I think she needed to talk to him about it instead of screaming at him because he won't listen to a tantrum.

She told me "You've been married for what, two weeks, and now you think you're an expert at marriage?"

Uh, no, I don't, but I do know how to be nice. It was unreal. Now she won't talk to me lol. Drama.
  • Options
    It's pretty much the same, but now everyone keeps asking me about babies and if I'm pregnant. I keep thinking, jeez, I'm not even finished with school. And we're poor! haha
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Everyone treats us the same.  They do call me by his last name already, which sounds a little funny still.  It is going to take some getting used to :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards