August 2014 Weddings

Anyone else...

2»

Re: Anyone else...

• Sonya- no problem :) 

Fi and I are actually debating moving to somewhere in NY above NYC (since that's where both are jobs will probably wind up being) because NJ houses = kind of expensive. We should all just move near each other LOL xD

Florida sounds kind of nice too though....minus the whole hurricane thing xD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh i cannot imagine! Fi and I watch house hunters and what people are using for down payments is so crazy cheap. That is really sweet though that you want to be close to your folks :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aww. It always warms me to see people close with their families :) it gives me hope that myself and fiances won't be as dysfunctional and awful as ours were haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2014-weddings_anyone-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3b20a1d1-4ef2-4e8c-9856-8bb945e82aa6Discussion:fde61ab5-8e8e-4645-946f-c3e74c592564Post:53d27043-0dc1-4d79-895e-23d400fb5898">Re: Anyone else...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww. It always warms me to see people close with their families :) it gives me hope that myself and fiances won't be as dysfunctional and awful as ours were haha
    Posted by Bay21[/QUOTE]

This made me laugh a little.

I'm super close to my mom. I hate that I don't live in the same city as her anymore. I used to live in the same city as my dad, until a few months ago when I moved in with FI, but I hardly ever saw him.
  • I'm having a Sunday wedding personally. I don't really think there is a huge difference. To me, as long as the date is one that the bride and groom like, they should use it: after all, they are one stuck with it for life while everybody else just has to show up once and enjoy the party! haha xD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know!! 900 days and counting! I got so excited. Bahaha.

Yeah, the only reason it matters to me that it's on a Saturday is because I'll be having people come in from out of town, and it's easier for people to take a weekend off work, come in Friday at whatever time, go to the wedding Saturday, and leave Sunday.
  • Yeah that was my worry about a Sunday wedding but I realized that 1) i'm inviting so few people that it is essentially only the important people who will show up no matter the day, 2) I'll have to email out my STD's early anyway, so they'll have enough time to plan and 3) I think my wedding is going to be over labor day weekend so they'll probably have off anyway haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nice. That super works out for you!
  • It definitely does! haha well, for my guests anyway! xD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • And your wallet! Sundays are usually cheaper than Saturdays.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2014-weddings_anyone-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3b20a1d1-4ef2-4e8c-9856-8bb945e82aa6Discussion:fde61ab5-8e8e-4645-946f-c3e74c592564Post:ce2ff87c-6495-4735-b4d0-06fc7e615cc7">Re: Anyone else...</a>:
    [QUOTE]And your wallet! Sundays are usually cheaper than Saturdays.
    Posted by sonya+adam[/QUOTE]

<div>[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else... : I've been reading on these boards that some people were saving thousands of dollars by having their wedding on a Friday or a Sunday instead of on a Saturday. 
    Posted by Nicc9[/QUOTE] </div><div>
    </div><div>YEAH! That's what I'd seen too. But in all honesty, I'm sure whether the day is going to matter as far as saving money for my venue goes since I'm trying to do an art gallery wedding...</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nicc, I LOVE that face you made.

Bay, hm. Yeah, I guess it just depends on your venue's packages. I hope you'll get to save some money, though!
  • I hope so too! I can't imagine I'll be shelling out that much money for a gallery but who knows! haha

either of you thought about the type of venue you'd want yet?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I looked at venues online with FI, and we've narrowed it down to our top 3.
  • Nicc-- awh. yeah that sounds risky. better go with somewhere that has a plan B. I am sure that you could find other places that are similar to the one you liked but allow tents!

Sonya-look at you go being all efficient and having a top 3 and what not! haha :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hahahahahah! I figure it'd be better to figure out a price range that we'd be looking at so we can start saving up.
  • Ah yes, that is a bright idea. still, go you for being so on top of things! haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The lake is nice, shame you can't use it! I'm sure you'll find the perfect venue though! :) the stickers do look quite great! glad they're what you hoped they'd be!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think that should be plenty! haha I mean unless your guests are like chocoholics xD
    ps i'm also having 100 or less at my wedding! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, that should  definitely be plenty. Wow, that is not bad at all. If you need more, you could always just add some in without the stickers, and have some with and some without. I don't think that would be too big of a deal.
  • Oh, haha how coincidental! we've decided to elope during spring break of senior year, so march 2014!

Best of luck to both you ladies :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats you guys! Sad to see you not be an August bride, but glad you are getting to marry you loves sooner!
  • Well, that stinks that she took them down! Hopefully she'll put them back up!
  • Hi ladies! My date is 8/23/14 and I want to plan so bad because I hate not having set plans even if it is not for a couple years hahah so far we have our wedding party situated and our colors and a few random ideas we would like to incorporate but I'm afraid to start the guest list because our family is so big. And as far as money goes... Oy I don't even know where to begin because I've never been to a wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards