African American Weddings

Reception Schedule/Timeline

I know this question has been asked before but I can't seem to find it and I need help finalizing my schedule!!!!

What is everyone's reception schedule/timeline? Here's mine so far but I'm not sure if I'm on the right track:

Grand Entrance
First Dance
Parent Dance
Dinner
Toasts
Cake Cutting
Bouquet Toss
Garter Removal/Toss
Open Dance

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception Schedule/Timeline

• edited December 2011
    I'm trying to decide whether to dance first, then dinner or wait until dinner then start all of the dancing???  I'm afraid that if we do our dances before dinner then people may think that there will not be any additional time to dance after the meal/cake/etc.  And my family would be HIGHLY disappointed if there wasn't any dancing. 
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_reception-scheduletimeline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:0758a4b6-e4b2-473a-9a48-66087643caaaPost:4a6005dc-a50f-4e55-9040-d449cb061694">Re: Reception Schedule/Timeline</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm trying to decide whether to dance first, then dinner or wait until dinner then start all of the dancing??? <strong> I'm afraid that if we do our dances before dinner then people may think that there will not be any additional time to dance after the meal/cake/etc.</strong>  And my family would be HIGHLY disappointed if there wasn't any dancing. 
    Posted by banks69[/QUOTE]

I thought about this too but I went to a wedding over the summer and they had programs for their reception. I'm doing something like this so the guest will know what's going on during the reception. That way they know that after all the tradition stuff the real party will begin! I just did a simply little program on Word and printed them 4 to a page...nothing too fancy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Hmm... that's a thought!  I'm a little leary about printing anything right now because it took me almost two hours to print my menu cards last night!  But then again, I was using thicker cardstock.....

If I have some time I may just do that. 
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's my exact timeline mainly because I have the photog for only 8 hours starting at 12pm so I want to make sure I get all the good stuff in before she leaves

I think I may need to upgrade my photog to 10 hours though just to be on the safe side!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards