African American Weddings
Options

OOOOOPS, Please assist

Ok, I forgot to have them add that my reception is heavy appetizer only on my reception cards and it's too late to get it fixed. WWYD? I am putting in little inserts with our wedding website along with our mother's contact information. Should I also add to the insert the information about the reception so people don't get disappointed about the fact that there wasn't a full meal, and it's proper etiquette anyway. This is what I'm thinking. I'm almost done with the inserts now. Bride and Grooms Wedding site: ***** Password: ****Additional need to know information: Reception is Heavy Appetizers Only   For those without internet acess:  Contact: Bride’s mother-*******                           Grooms mother- *******

Re: OOOOOPS, Please assist

• Options
    edited December 2011
    that's exactly what I'd do!
  • Options
    Lady RedrumLady Redrum member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that is just fine. You are letting them know and that's what matters.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's good. You covered the basis. Now, this next tip of advice is only if you are ultra-picky like me. Try to have you inserts printed on the same type or thickness paper as your invitations if at all possible. Presentation is everything.Good luck with everything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about 1. "Hors D'oeuvre Reception to follow Ceremony"or2. "Light Fare will be Provided at the Reception"or3. "Join us for light refreshments following the ceremony"I'm planning a cocktail reception as well and will probably be using the first suggestion. I'm not a huge fan of the "appetizers only" phrase because it makes me think of TGIFriday's or tailgating (NO OFFENSE, I hope! Just my opinion...)GL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards