African American Weddings

Please help me with Ceremony Room Decor.

This is the only pic I can copy of my ceremony room. The two vases won't be there (but they may come with the venue so I will see) but the pillars in the window are throught the entire venue. I will also have the curtains pushed all the way back to the sides. The room also has windows to the right side all the way back. I'm trying to decide if I would need any type of arch or would just the windows and the view of Dallas at night be okay. The room is up on the 15th floor and it is an amazing view. Could I just leave it like that or should I put some type of decor up by the window? We are going to have decor down the aisle and an unity candle and sand ceremony table. Any opinion would be great. Thanks so much ladies. I can say that I want a candlelight look.

Re: Please help me with Ceremony Room Decor.

• edited December 2011
    I don't think that you need much more decor than what is there. I think you can get some tall candelabras to line the isle to have some more candle light. Otherwise, it is perfect
    Lovin Kimmie
  • edited December 2011
    What time of day is your ceremony?....that should determine how elaborate you want to take the decor. The vases are very pretty, I would keep them, they add visual interest, maybe push them further apart and put tall arrangements in them to create the look of a canopy w/o obstructing the Dallas view. If you want a candlelight look, you need many more candles of different heights and widths. Maybe you could add greenery along the sides and in the front window. If you are having the drapes pulled all the back, embellish them with tie backs made of greenery and your flowers. If you can put tall pillar candles in glass holders by every 4th chair to really define the isle, that would be nice.Are you covering the chairs? That may be something to consider, remember your photography will be taking pictures from the back of the room, so dressing the chairs will look pretty in the pictures and make the room feel more intimate. As you look at the room, try to envision it from the photographers perspective.Remember, whatever you do, do it in three's, for the symmetry.Good luck, it's a beautiful space.
  • edited December 2011
    Our Ceremony in in December at 5:30 pm. Sunset it suppose to take place at 5:20pm so hopefully it will be almost completely dark. I want that candlight feel. And since it is in December I want it to feel warm and inviting because that is the feeling you get in December naturally. Thanks ladies for your opinions.
  • aquarius125aquarius125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1st off your space is AWESOME! From your i-board this a great space for you. i think that the chivari chairs are perfect left alone. The only thing that I would add are those cute chair signs for the parents. I think an arch would be too obtrusive and I think it would beautiful to line the aisle with candles of various heights (in tall vases)to giveit romantic feel.That lightning is awesome if feels modern yet vintage. I would also have the b-party sit and not stand during the ceremony. HTH
  • edited December 2011
    I am with aquarius...line the aisles with candles (maybe floating candles in tall cylinder vases filled with water). Also, It may look different to hang crystals fom the ceiling above where you will take your vows. The candlelight reflecting off of the crystals could be very stunning.Cicy
  • edited December 2011
    OMG, girl your venue is BEAUTIFUL first off!! (I think I know where this venue is, it's on Elm Street right?)...so I agree with aquarius and cicy about lining the aisle with the floating candles in tall cylinder vases...as for your ceremony area, have you thought about using that candle screen that another Dallas knottie used??...the pics she had of her wedding were goregous and the light from all those votive cancles on that screen was heavenly!...as far as the other windows, I think you should incorporate cicy's idea and hang crystals from the top window seal so that the crystals pick up all the candle light in the entire room...what about those trees (starts with a "m") that alot of brides get that they hang crystals from??...that would be an awesome item to add to each window as well...
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies for your ideas. Alf it is the Orion Ballroom on Zang Blvd (the Bank of America building on the 15th floor). It use to be called Top of the Cliff. And about the screen I'm trying to find one because to rent the one that CrombieFaye had it will be $500. I can't even imagine paying that much for about 45 minutes. So I'm going to see if they have one like at Wal-Mart or Target ect. I love the idea of the candle down the aisle though. Those two vases at the front I don't know if they come with the venue or if someone brought them in but I really don't care for them. Thanks though everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards