African American Weddings
Options

OPINIONS PLEASE!!!!! PLEASE!!!

The fitting went well today!!! We finally picked a dress the only issue is choosing the colors. I wanted my MOH and Matron of Honor to wear a different color but I was fixed on the BM's wearing Fuchsia. When we picked out the dress the BM's wanted to wear the Fuchsia dress with Pool waistband and the MOH and Matron of Honor wanted to wear Pool with Fuchsia waistband...IDK I COULDNT PICTURE IT IN MY HEAD BECAUSE THEY ARE BOTH SUCH STRONG COLORS! PLEASE I NEED HELP! OPINIONS PLEASE!!!! THIS IS THE DRESS

Re: OPINIONS PLEASE!!!!! PLEASE!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    that would be cute...it will distingush the diffrence of the MOH and matron of honor..i was thinking about doing that instead of diffrent dresses, because diffrent dresses throws the whole attire off, so thats a great idea.. pretty colors too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it will look nice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ddyoungddyoung member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    these aren't the colors right? is pool a bright blue? I'm trying to visualize it as well.  the colors in the photo are really pretty but I wasn't sure if those were the colors you meant.  I know the dress isn't from David's Bridal but they have the "visualize your wedding" feature where you can pick the dresses and the colors on there.  So maybe you could pick a similar dress or a dress that is all one color with a hint of another color and alternate on those dresses... does that make sense? it makes sense in my head but im not sure if I wrote it that way lol. Anyway, that will help you visualize how the colors look standing next to you...
  • Options
    ddyoungddyoung member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's called "dress your wedding" my bad and here's the link: http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category_-49998496
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Those colors are nice, but not as primaries. Meaning one should be more of an accent - splashes here and there. To get a real feel for it, go back to Davids and take a dress in each color to the dressing room. Put one on and tie the other around your waste. Snap a pic. Reverse em and snap again. Sounds crazy but I think its the only way you'll get an accurate vision short of actually ordering them. Hth!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That davids bridal 'dress my wedding' is probably the best way to get a visual. If you don't like the way it looks another option could be having the BM in all fuchsia dress & waistband. And then have your MOH wear a fuchsia dress with a pool sash.
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the suggestion to do the whole David's Bridal thing.  I think that's the best way to visualize it.  I agree with you those are strong colors to try to pull off together.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The dress is very cute. That color match up will be beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It would look nice, but if you can't picture it, go to Lowe's and get paint swatches of your colors, tape them to a wall and look at them for a few days in various degrees of light to see if you like it or not. HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards