African American Weddings

My Unique Father/Daughter Dance..

I am suuuuuuch a Daddy's Girl! I love him SO much! :) Anyway...

our father/daughter dance is unique, at first we will slow dance for about 30-45 seconds (still no song tho :/ but we have time. Any suggestions?)

and then he will tell the DJ, "Cut that!!" and the DJ will stop the record, everyone will look confused and we will start Chi-Town stepping! :) Anyone not familiar? Just google, there are tons of videos on YouTube.

My dad is a WELL KNOWN Chi Town stepper and of course we will use one of his favorite R.Kelly steppers hits and get the party started, everyone that DOES know thinks it's a great idea and he absolutely loves it! haha! Just wanted to share

Re: My Unique Father/Daughter Dance..

• island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Awww...love it!  That should be a treat for you and your Dad as well as for your guests to watch.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is such an awesome idea - love it!  FI and I are learning Detroit ballrooming (which is similar to Chicago stepping) and we will debut it at the wedding....not during our first dance, but when a certain song is played at the reception.  That will be so much fun for you and your dad (plus your guests)!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_unique-fatherdaughter-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:1149a682-bc41-46ba-9e94-dbc32856d545Post:f62095d0-71ff-4c3b-a8e8-fee12999f706">My Unique Father/Daughter Dance..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am suuuuuuch a Daddy's Girl! I love him SO much! :) Anyway... our father/daughter dance is unique, at first we will slow dance for about 30-45 seconds (still no song tho :/ but we have time. Any suggestions?) and then he will tell the DJ, "Cut that!!" and the DJ will stop the record, everyone will look confused and we will start Chi-Town stepping! :) Anyone not familiar? Just google, there are tons of videos on YouTube. My dad is a WELL KNOWN Chi Town stepper and of course we will use one of his favorite R.Kelly steppers hits and get the party started, everyone that DOES know thinks it's a great idea and he absolutely loves it! haha! Just wanted to share
    Posted by brittanyjterrell[/QUOTE]

That sounds really cool!  My father and I didn't do the traditional dance either -we "swung out" (I think that's the right term) since that's what he's great at doing.  No one expected us to do that so it was nice.  DH's Mom still talks about Daddy's dancing!
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone, I am so excited! My Dad is constantly teaching me new moves! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards