African American Weddings

NWR: My Grocery Store Run Last Night

Grocery Store Guy (GSG) : Why didnt you tell me you were coming?
Me: (continues to put groceries on checkstand)
GSG: You didnt tell me you were coming up here
Me: (Looking like WTF) I dont know you
GSG: Why you gonna do me like that?
Me: (STILL looking like WTF)
GSG: How is my own wife and my daughter gonna do me like that?
Me: CLEARLY you have me mistaken
GSG: Still floating around while I am being checked out
GSG: What does that ring on your finger symbolize?
Me: That I am MARRIED!
GSG: Oh I thought it may have been a front. A lot of women do that.
Me: Not Me
GSG: Well as long as you are happy and he is treating my daughter right
Me: YOUR DAUGHTER?!? You have MAJOR issues!

Guy Behind Me In Line: Niggas these days
Me: Tell me about it
Guy Behind Me: At least he tried
Me: AND FAILED!

AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: NWR: My Grocery Store Run Last Night

• edited December 2011

WOW...by the end of that post my eyes were so wide I am sure I looked like a Owl! hahahaha. I'm glad I am not the only one who attracts the crazy ones!

• edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Wow!!! He's been watching you girl. That would creep me out. Next time take FI with you and while you are in line tell him that this guy thinks OUR daughter is his and has been watching me.... Bet you will be left alone...
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    GSG = epic fail
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-grocery-store-run-last-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:121c19d6-f165-4315-b209-5101f8495c6dPost:31402143-8fc4-4b2d-a640-26da0f4f82f2">Re: NWR: My Grocery Store Run Last Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow!!! He's been watching you girl. That would creep me out. Next time take FI with you and while you are in line tell him that this guy thinks OUR daughter is his and has been watching me.... Bet you will be left alone...
    Posted by rodeo417[/QUOTE]

I like that idea!
  • edited December 2011
    Eewww...my daughter? Dudes don't understand what a turn off it is when they involve your family in stuff.  Thanks for the laugh though!
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its crazy because this is the first time I have EVER seen him.

I very seldom go to that store...the only reason I was there was because I had to run to Michaels which is in the shopping center right next to it.

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Did you tell hubby? I can'y tell hubby stuff like that , he'd be at the store in 2 sec. making a scene.
    edited December 2011
    Not yet...but I will...

I always tell him stuff like that. Its not about ol boy...its about how I handled the situation...ya know

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-grocery-store-run-last-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:121c19d6-f165-4315-b209-5101f8495c6dPost:7ac93246-f068-4d1f-8b45-126fca1e9b2e">Re: NWR: My Grocery Store Run Last Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not yet...but I will... I always tell him stuff like that. Its not about ol boy...its about how I handled the situation...ya know
    Posted by TysWife2Be[/QUOTE]

That's true- your hubby sounds mature.
  • edited December 2011
    oh I am seriously LMAO @ that conversation....I so can imagine how you were looking at homeboy trying DESPERATELY to run game!
    edited December 2011
    And the dude HAD to be in his early 20s...

BOY PLEASE, I am about to be 30...get the hell outta here!!!

Photobucket

• cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow - those were some of the weakest lines I ever heard.  And I was SO confused for a minute...I thought he was saying you were his wife at first, then calling you his daughter!  LOL
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • 7venAfricano7venAfricano member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

LOL@cincy.....but that is mad crazy. If he had started talking crazy to me like that as I'm putting my stuff up there I would've taken my stuff right back off and go to another cashier. That would've been too much for me to stand in his face while he talkin crazy, but you handled it well. Thanks for the laugh :)

• edited December 2011
    Next time reply, "baby needs pampers, formula, clothes, rent paid, electricity bill, cable, 20lb turkey, honey baked ham, crab legs and watch what he say next."

or next time go in checkout with 20 pregnancy tests. GCG, will be looking stupuid. See I can get crazy with the best if needed. I bet he would think twice about saying something to you again.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-grocery-store-run-last-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:121c19d6-f165-4315-b209-5101f8495c6dPost:a0870a4f-6b22-465f-ad96-dbe553cee4f9">Re: NWR: My Grocery Store Run Last Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Next time reply, "baby needs pampers, formula, clothes, rent paid, electricity bill, cable, 20lb turkey, honey baked ham, crab legs and watch what he say next." or next time go in checkout with 20 pregnancy tests. GCG, will be looking stupuid. See I can get crazy with the best if needed. I bet he would think twice about saying something to you again.
    Posted by mahoganieyes[/QUOTE]

I SOOOOO LOVE THIS RESPONSE! BEST YET!!! LOLOL!
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • edited December 2011
    LOL...this thread is too much. GSG is a mess!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards