African American Weddings

Today is the Day!

that I submit my resignation notice to my employer. I'm leaving to attend grad school full-time. It is bittersweet. They hired me literally right after high school. I graduated and a week later I was hired. This is the place where fiance and I met and fell in love, and I practically grew up here turned 21 and all. It's time to leave now though, past two to three years haven't been that easy in the department that I have been in. So after 5 years, I'm ready to go and  to start this new chapter in life so I'm off to grad school and to start a new life with my husband to be. My last day will be August 20th!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket

Re: Today is the Day!

• edited December 2011
    Yay to new beginnings!! I start my 2nd full year of grad school next month; oh how I wish I wasn't working. Good luck with your studies, Princess!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can do it!! Sometimes we have to leave all that we know to get to all that we want.  Good luck with grad school! I am CERTAIN you will succeed in all that you do. Enjoy this new chapter in your life, it will be worth it.
    80 said yes image
  • msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck with school!! I'm leaving my job in Jan so I can go to school full time, wish it was a little sooner though!!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome life change and congrats for making that move towards a better YOU cuz when it time to leave, it's just time to leave.Wink
  • edited December 2011
    Hooray!! What a great beginning.  One chapter ends and a wide open land of opportunity awaits.
    Best of luck in Grad school!! May I ask what you're studying? I'm in the application process now and it stinks!
  • prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies I just submitted my resignation notice at 11:00am CST. I have been waiting for months for this day but it was bittersweet. I almost started crying. I have enjoyed working here, but my boss made the last couple of months a living hell. Like I said I met fiance here and we fell in love here, I turned 21, got engaged, etc. It was my first "real job." Helped me to become financially independent at 18 when I moved out of my parents home, etc. So I'm going to miss being able to work 7:30-4:30 M-F, but I'll get back to it once I have that degree in hand and be in a career that I love and am excited about! Change is definitely scary, but I'm ready! P.S. I'll be staying on for a few weeks to train my replacement after the 20th only on Tuesday's though.

@Dani-Occupational Therapy
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats girl, that is an awesome blessing that you can attend school full time!  Grad school is no joke and you will DEFINITELY fill your time with all of the studying, group projects, exams, networking, etc.  Enjoy this time in your life!!  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards