African American Weddings

***Cruises***

Okay so my FH and I have never been out of the country...I know its sad..but Im happy we get to adventure out together!! =)

So we're thinking about taking a Carribean cruise...it seems to be the most cost effective yet romantic/adventourous option right now...But there are SOOO MANY options...my head is spinning. Starting with what type of room and/what level of the ship? Is it romantic with a bunch of kids running around? do we want adults only? etc... We would like to be able to sail and watch the sunset and sun rise, eat all day, walk on the beach, go snorkeling or parsailing (sp?) if we wanted to... Any suggestions on cruise lines to take or ones to avoid?

Re: ***Cruises***

• edited December 2011
    I enjoyed Carnival, we went to the Bahamas. Kids weren't a problem, didnt see many and if they were there they were at that babysitter club they have there. We got an inside cabin but on the Lido deck, minimal (rockage) lol You should def. go and enjoy. (drink plenty of water)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We sailed with Royal Caribbean and it was fabulous. From what you've mentioned, it sounds like you should get a balcony room. Each day (except for the days we were at port), fi would get up early and go get us breakfast and sat on our balcony, ate, drank cofee and just enjoyed the morning looking out at the ocean. So peaceful!

Kids weren't an issue. They were there, but there are so many activities for them to do, that you barely saw them.

Alsoooo..I don't know when you're looking to go or if you and Fi are drinkers, but RC is also starting to get into the 'all inclusive' drink packages. They haven't launched here in the states yet, but its supposed to be soon. Its a great deal that saves SO much money.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MarquettaBMarquettaB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Avoid Carnival...too many kids.  Also, since it's your honeymoon, I would recommend getting a room with a veranda. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are just returing from a cruise from the Bahamas. We cruised on the Carnival Fantasy. I can't really recall a problem with alot of children. We stayed in a stateroom on the veranda floor (third floor from the top) and we experienced very little rocking. I did not have a problem with motion sickness. Our room was on a great floor because the pool, one of the bars, and a dining area was located on it...so we didn't have far to travel. I would strongly recommend bringing bottled water and sodas. There was a fee for sodas. And, yes, the water is free, but you have to walk out to the dining area to get it. I will admit that the only drawback to cruising is that we were only alloted a certain about of time at the ports so we had to "rush" to see the island and experience the culture. But it is certainly a cost effective way to vacation and everyone on the ship was very nice.
  • edited December 2011
    I've been on a couple of cruises; the first time on Royal Carribean to Mexico and the second time on Carnival to the caribbean.  We had a blast both times and we actually had more fun with Carnival.  Yes, I think there are more kids on Carnival, but it didn't bother us one bit.  Like others have said, the kids are usually at the kids thing they have.  FI and I were there just for vacation both times and we found that both times it was romantic, even with the kids.  I would definitely recommend a cruise because when you think about how you have food, entertainment, and different destinations in one, you can't go wrong.
    I would do like the others suggested and get a room with a balcony if you can afford it.  We wished we could've had this option, but we still enjoyed our time in a room with a window.  Having a window makes a huge difference because I think that inside rooms can feel a little claustrophobic.  
    We looked into going on an adults only cruise, but honestly, and this is just my opinion, it looked a little more boring.  The adult cruises didn't seem to have as much entertainment aboard the ship.  But this might be right up your alley for your honeymoon, so it's totally up to you and your preferences.  Either way, no matter which ship you go with you're going to have a blast!
  • tjw2011tjw2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've been on one cruise last year on Carnival and it was nice!  There were kids there but they didn't bother us one bit.  We were on like floor 11 or something and there wasn't any rocking or anything on the ship.  The food was great and we loved the drinks. 

We are taking a cruise for our honeymoon and we are looking forward to it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards