African American Weddings
Options

***Eagles***

In Response to Re: ATTN Atlanta ladies: What County is Castleberry Hill (Downtown) in? And Marriage License question...:
[QUOTE]$16.00...yay! Thanks for posting this Cincy! Yas, when do you plan to start counseling? And Tam said you were coming to see her...when are you going? I'd love to meet you in person! Did you speak with Dominique as well?
Posted by eagles347[/QUOTE]

I don't know when we would start counseling. Honestly, we don't have a pastor and to see a therapist is just not in the budget :-( So I am trying to see if there are any free or discount counseling services here. Do you know of any in Atlanta that will allow us to do it in one day?

I am going to see Tam on March 25th. Hopefully, I can get my hair trial that morning because we are taking our new Engagement Pictures that evening. I would love to meet you too!

Yes, I have spoken with Dominique. I am going to let her do my trial for the Engagement pictures. More than likely, I am going with her though because her make-up pictures are so natural looking, for the girls and the mom it would be the same price ($45 with lashes and $40 without them and my current artist is trying to charge them $60 and $55 after she told me it would be cheaper and that the mothers would be $75 all after I had booked her and I thought they would be cheaper). Also because mines would be free! Since I still would have to pay my make-up artist $100 on the day of for me and $75 each for the mothers, Dominique is just going to save me money. Hopefully, the trial goes well. Thank you again for all of the recommendations.
My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
Created by Wedding Favors
Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!

Re: ***Eagles***

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Cool...I do hope it works out. I like REALLY subtle makeup and she was able to do that for me, but I promise that some of the looks that she has done have been out of this world phenomenal so she has good range. Just give her an idea of what you really want.

As for Tam...what time is your meeting with her? Did you schedule an appointment or are y'all just meeting to talk? Try to schedule that appointment early! I did both a hair appointment with Tam and a makeup trial with Dominique in the same day as my second set of engagement pictures and was pressed for time. I wish I had started a little earlier, but it all worked out. Also, let her know ahead of time what the absolute latest time is that you can leave and give yourself some cushion since you have to navigate Atlanta traffic.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh...and I don't know anything about non-religious counseling since we are going through our pastor. I will ask around though. Maybe you can do it where you are at a local church if you don't have it in the budget for a therapist?
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_eagles-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:2fc4fcf1-79e1-4907-a8ae-03458365dea8Post:b16ea439-72ce-495c-ac4f-84afa28135f1">Re: ***Eagles***</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cool...I do hope it works out. I like REALLY subtle makeup and she was able to do that for me, but I promise that some of the looks that she has done have been out of this world phenomenal so she has good range. Just give her an idea of what you really want. As for Tam...what time is your meeting with her? Did you schedule an appointment or are y'all just meeting to talk? Try to schedule that appointment early! I did both a hair appointment with Tam and a makeup trial with Dominique in the same day as my second set of engagement pictures and was pressed for time. I wish I had started a little earlier, but it all worked out. Also, let her know ahead of time what the absolute latest time is that you can leave and give yourself some cushion since you have to navigate Atlanta traffic.

I have not schedule my hair or make-up yet, but plan on making the hair appointment like 8 or 9am because I too am meeting with Dominique and taking our pictures at 3pm that they. Do you think that will be early enough?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_eagles-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:2fc4fcf1-79e1-4907-a8ae-03458365dea8Post:878cae2e-3773-4f28-815a-e6b6154cbc35">Re: ***Eagles***</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh...and I don't know anything about non-religious counseling since we are going through our pastor. I will ask around though. Maybe you can do it where you are at a local church if you don't have it in the budget for a therapist?
    I am trying my best to look for one here, but it has been a little hard. :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards