African American Weddings
Options

Signing off with a major update.....

Ladies, your support has been very encouraging throught the past several months....and it is still needed.  Here goes. 

Last week my sister told she cannot be in the wedding as she does not have the money for her and my nieces and nephews.  Basically, she did not pay on anything during the past 7 months (yes, this includes the deposit for the dresses..my MOH did that for her).  Well, now with 3 days until the big day, I feel just like the weather (it's raining here, no sunshine).  Here is more...yesterday I was to take my nieces and nephew for the girls' final fitting.  Well, my nephew was sick so the girls had to stay home (sis had class).  I called my sis and asked can she take the girls for the fitting Friday and her response "I don't know when they are going."  Ok.  So she then told me she does not know where the money is going to come from (for the final payment of dresses, nephew's tux, and the girls' hair).

So, I am devastated, but am trying to allow excitement to surface.  Right now, I am so scared I will fall apart Sunday if my nieces and nephews are not in the wedding.  I am very close with them and they have been looking forward to this for months. I offerred to help some, but it may not be enough.

So ladies, I am signing off as I rush off to the salon.  Again, thank you a million times over!! This board has helped me through some mess!!!!  Please keep my family and me in prayer as FI and I enter thee final countdown to our forever!!!!!

YAY!!

God bless you!

Re: Signing off with a major update.....

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

God will make a way for your nieces and nephews to be in the wedding - I am claiming that in advance!!!  I pray that you have a beautiful and fulfilling wedding day and that you are able to remain calm and joyful during these last few days leading up to it.  Whatever happens, you will be joined together with the man of your dreams on Sunday and that is the most important thing!!!!  Congrats and please come back with a recap and pictures when you can! 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This saddens me, but I know that all will work out and your day will be beautiful and special.

My suggestion for the kids, can y'all just dress them up in Sunday's best...sometimes the little things (i.e. special ordered gowns, hair, "wedding shoes", etc.) really are just that...little things. Curl up the little ones real cute with a church dress on (white if possible or some color that coordinates) and put the little man in a nice pair of slacks and shirt/tie and let them work their magic. You won't regret it and I can tell they mean so much to you.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I pray that everything works out in your favor and that your day is all that you ever dreamed of and more! May God bless you Mrs.-to-be!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    JustMe4EJustMe4E member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying that everything will work for you.  Your day is going to wonderful. I know it's easier said than done, but stop stressing honey. Everything will be fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I pray that things work out for you!!  Sorry you have to deal with this so close to your big day!!

October AAW Signature Challenge: Where FI and I Met (Jukehouse KCMO) Photobucket Visit Purple.weddings.com http://duaneandlaquita2011.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ Rhoyal_1-I sent you PM a little while ago please respond when you get  chance.
    Have a WONDERFULl wedding day!
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY Vickey!

So sorry for the issues you are dealing with right now but so happy your day is almost here!

Cant wait to hear how everything turned out.
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish you the best for your wedding day.  Everything will work out.  Be blessed and enjoy it to the fullest.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    sapphireagemsapphireagem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Will keep you in my prayers. God bless.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lots of Ts & Ps coming your way, my fellow philly girl ! It will all work out for you. Sunday looks like sun with a little clouds. But there will be no rain. Your day will be amazing !!!! Try to enjoy every moment.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_signing-off-major-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:3727c2ba-8668-4d1c-ba9a-9f0bee1d5bd5Post:d580cd12-d13f-456a-acbb-a75b50bc5674">Re: Signing off with a major update.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]This saddens me, but I know that all will work out and your day will be beautiful and special. My suggestion for the kids, can y'all just dress them up in Sunday's best...sometimes the little things (i.e. special ordered gowns, hair, "wedding shoes", etc.) really are just that...little things. Curl up the little ones real cute with a church dress on (white if possible or some color that coordinates) and put the little man in a nice pair of slacks and shirt/tie and let them work their magic. You won't regret it and I can tell they mean so much to you.
    Posted by eagles347[/QUOTE]

DITTO!!!  Many blessings to you and your FI for your upcoming wedding.
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_signing-off-major-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:3727c2ba-8668-4d1c-ba9a-9f0bee1d5bd5Post:d580cd12-d13f-456a-acbb-a75b50bc5674">Re: Signing off with a major update.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]This saddens me, but I know that all will work out and your day will be beautiful and special. My suggestion for the kids, can y'all just dress them up in Sunday's best...sometimes the little things (i.e. special ordered gowns, hair, "wedding shoes", etc.) really are just that...little things. Curl up the little ones real cute with a church dress on (white if possible or some color that coordinates) and put the little man in a nice pair of slacks and shirt/tie and let them work their magic. You won't regret it and I can tell they mean so much to you.
    Posted by eagles347[/QUOTE]

LOVE this idea... good luck. and try to have fun. you deserve it!!!!
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards