African American Weddings

No rehearsal

Is anyone else not having a wedding rehearsal?  Our wedding party is small and we are keeping things very simple.  We decided not to have a formal rehearsal; however, we are working on a fun gathering of some sort for the wedding party and close friends on Saturday evening before the wedding (early evening because some fight is on later that the guys are going to watch). Undecided

I still need to communicate some things to those who have a role in the ceremony.... a virtual rehearsal, I guess?  Has anyone done anything like this?  Any ideas?

Re: No rehearsal

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have a rehearsal. Our party was small, like yours. If someone has a role and they might not be sure what to do, you can probably just shoot them an email.
  • edited December 2011
    my party is small to me 1 moh and 2 bm but apparently we need to have a rehearsal but i guess its good
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You can just let those people who are taking part know what they need to do individually by doing a quick walk thru with each of them.

SN: They are watching the Mayweather fight that's on pay-per-view which falls during my reception. My FI wants to see if the hotel will put a tv with it on in the reception(he got the side eye from me)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_rehearsal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:3789091e-450b-4435-a407-7074ad485b3fPost:6bb04200-72ad-4e8c-8d7d-91ea43ffb4ad">Re: No rehearsal</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can just let those people who are taking part know what they need to do individually by doing a quick walk thru with each of them. SN: They are watching the Mayweather fight that's on pay-per-view which falls during my reception. <strong>My FI wants to see if the hotel will put a tv with it on in the reception</strong>(he got the side eye from me)
    Posted by flasweetheart[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh no he didn't!  Lol!</div>
  • FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are not doing a rehearsal because we don't have a bridal party.  However, we are going through the ceremony with the priest because we designed it ourselves.
  • edited December 2011
    i too have a small party. i am having an informal reheral though because of my venue's layout (there are stairs to come down). also my vendors will be with me to to get any idea of the layout.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • empeguesempegues member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not having a formal rehearsal at our venue in Vegas either.  I'll definitely get the wedding party together and talk/walk through it informally though. 

Hell, I'm the one that needs to rehearse!  I don't even know how it's supposed to go... Like do I need to have someone walk my mother down the aisle?  lol
  • edited December 2011
    No rehearsal for me. Our wedding party has 1 MOH and 1 BM.  MOH has seen the venue.  Hopefully, the BM can follow his bother and stand at the end of the aisle. Hopefully that is not rocket science for people.  
    Anniversary
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have a rehearsal either. The ceremony was only 20 minutes and there was an added cost to have one. We had a coordinator who let everyone know when to go and how to walk. Those with special roles just send them an email. @empegues - My mom actually walked by herself with a bouquet, worked out just fine. She's a ham though so she totally loved it. J
  • lalarochellelalarochelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not having one because it's an extra 150 plus everyone has been in a wedding, we're having a simple ceremony-not a production.  And our venue gives us a DOC that will run everything.  So we're just doing a "rehearsal" dinner
  • chescamchescam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having one. Nothing formal though. We have 4 people on each side in the bridal party. We have 1 FG and 1 RB so I want to make sure they know what to do. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • empeguesempegues member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_rehearsal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:3789091e-450b-4435-a407-7074ad485b3fPost:fb519d3a-5234-498d-8f01-16fda6b56cf8">Re: No rehearsal</a>:
    [QUOTE]We didn't have a rehearsal either. The ceremony was only 20 minutes and there was an added cost to have one. We had a coordinator who let everyone know when to go and how to walk. Those with special roles just send them an email. @empegues - My mom actually walked by herself with a bouquet, worked out just fine. She's a ham though so she totally loved it. J
    Posted by wallacje[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea!  Thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards