African American Weddings
Options

Are my invitations in space?

Let me give you a little background first. My wedding date is April 28, 2012. I am planning a wedding from out of state so I have a wedding planner doing a lot of stuff for me. She picked up my invitations had a calligrapher address the envelopes and mailed them last Tuesday.  The post office told her my pocket invitations would require a 0.85 cent stamp. She said she mailed the invitations last Tuesday and they haven't reached any of my guests who live in the same zip code they were mailed from.  I'm starting to painic.  I have a RSVP date of 3/31 because I know i'm going to have to hunt down a lot of people who act like they don't know what RSVP means.  Should I panic yet??? I'm 59 days out so I think I'm just worrying about everything.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Are my invitations in space?

• Options
    I love your post! I know how you feel. I am getting married April 7th and when I ordered the invites ( with an extra rush order fee0 they took forever to arrive- they refunded my rush fee.

So I am thinking last Tuesday is more than a week ago. I sent mine out on Monday and people in different zip codes had them by Tuesday. Make sure she is telling the truth that she sent them out. You should have her send you one just to make sure sure.

I can't see what would be the hold up for them to get to the same zip code.

I hope she isn't lying... and saying she sent them and she didn't! You can neve rtell with people you can't see!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    They definitely should have gotten them by now. You should call her and tell her that no one has the received them yet and she what she says.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_are-my-invitations-in-space?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:39039f8f-e235-4627-a5bc-15e057349d19Post:22149c7b-8c4c-4ba3-9369-26b717fe68b6">Re: Are my invitations in space?</a>:
    [QUOTE]They definitely should have gotten them by now. You should call her and tell her that no one has the received them yet and she what she says.
    Posted by saharnshard[/QUOTE]

All of this
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Umm yeah, something isn't adding up.  Check again with her to make sure she sent them on that date.  Keep checking with your fam to see if they got it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    For sure.  As PPs have said, I'd definitely give her a call and see what's up. 

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_are-my-invitations-in-space?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:39039f8f-e235-4627-a5bc-15e057349d19Post:523bab87-5112-421a-a486-43d5a8de9405">Re: Are my invitations in space?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Umm yeah, something isn't adding up.  Check again with her to make sure she sent them on that date.  Keep checking with your fam to see if they got it.
    Posted by SunnyBB[/QUOTE]

Yes, all of this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards