African American Weddings

Bridal Shower

My mother lives and works in Maryland during the week and comes up to Pennsylvania 2 weekends per month. I kept thinking that she and my MOH were going to throw me a surprise bridal shower. Last week she sent me an email asking which Saturdays in June I would prefer to have the shower. Two days later, she called and asked me to look into an area restaurant for the shower. So, I'm basically planning my own shower but I'm sure there will be some surprises. I just think it's funny that I secured the venue. I told her that she and my MOH are now in charge. LOL!

Re: Bridal Shower

• amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My guess is that she had you pick the restaurant because she was so unfamiliar with the area and she didn't want to book a place you'd hate. 

I'm sure they will do a fantastic job from here on out and you'll have tons of surprises!
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bridal-shower-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:3c6762fc-d65f-4123-a64c-22e36e2ea9d5Post:7b892a22-3e6d-41d4-899e-cc2098128e1e">Re: Bridal Shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]My guess is that she had you pick the restaurant because she was so unfamiliar with the area and she didn't want to book a place you'd hate.  I'm sure they will do a fantastic job from here on out and you'll have tons of surprises!
    Posted by amberlynned[/QUOTE]

Actually my mom is from PA. She's been in MD for 3 years. I think doing a surprise was harder than she thought it would be.
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, have a blast. I agree there will probably be some other surprises along the way. What restaurant are you having it at? Be sure to post pics of the shower.
  • KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's actually going to be at a small, family-owned Italian restaurant. I'll be sure to post pics. I'm so excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards