African American Weddings

Am I wrong for this????

Sissy's I need your help. Ok, I purchased linens from another knottie via the classifieds... She was supposed to had shipped them from AZ last weekend 4/21/12. Ok, I emailed her on Monday 4/23/12 asking for the shipping info. She tells me her mom died and would send them this past week. I expressed my condolences and said ok, that's fine. Fast forward to 4/29/12... I hadn't heard from this chick so I emailed her ...I then got to thinking got worried and opened a PayPal dispute. Now I got her attention! She then emails me and says the linens NOW are in the dry cleaners and she planed on sending them Tuesday, 5/1/12!!!! Why did I have to contact you first for me to know that for one? Second, why aren't you steady contacting me assuring me that you are on top of things? I am giving her the benefit of the doubt by not disputing earlier. Your thoughts???
Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!

Re: Am I wrong for this????

• Nope!! You are not wrong for that! I mean I LOVE PayPal for just that reason.  Girl people CANNOT be playing with YOUR money!! We are STILL in a Recession and weddings aren't cheap.  Sorry about her mom but business is business.  You are counting on her for what she is providing.  She should have communicated more and at least given you another shipping date.

You did the right thing.. IMHO
    80 said yes image
  • Also think you did the right thing. You only used the resources of Paypal that you both agreed to abided by using the service. She fell out of the terms, you filed a complaint, like you would have done to any other vendor.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • You did the right thing.  Bottom line.  You allowed her to dictate when she was going to ship and she didn't follow through.  It was her responsibility to follow up with you on the second date she gave you.  I am sure she is probably still going through disheaval with her Mom's passing but she can't just take your money and then not produce the product.  It's a shame you had to put in a dispute to get her to respond. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards