African American Weddings

Oh No They Didn't!!!!

As ya'll know, we mainly let go of the house because the sellers wouldn't fix any of the items that the inspector found. AND they wouldn't let us have a contractor assess the damage and tell us exactly how much $$$ we would have to put into the house to fix it. They told us they had another bid and we told them to take it because we were cancelling the deal.

Well, we fired our real estate agent, cancelled the deal, and asked for our down payment back from the escrow company so we can put it toward a new house.

We hired a new guy on Tuesday (who's amazing) & he is arranging a viewing of our top 3 houses right now. He hit the ground running fo sho.

But now these FREAKING sellers are emailing us saying that they will let us bring in a contractor and they'll work with us to fix the problems with the house. SERIOUSLY????? After we've moved on? 

I've emotionally scratched that house off my list and now am looking forward to these other 3 houses. But, all the paperwork's done, the loan's been approved, everyone is willing to work with us, and we've already put in about $1,000 into appraising & inspecting the house.

WWYD? 
Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio

Re: Oh No They Didn't!!!!

• edited December 2011
    I say keep it moving. Feelings are already hurt on both sides. Definitely not a good way to start a 30-year commitment.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    stay away from that house.  it's too much trouble.  good luck with the new agent. 
  • edited December 2011

I think you should avoind any and all drama associated with the old house and move on to bigger and better things.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with previous posters.  I'm sure you can find a better house without all the drama.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're doing a great job by moving on... so keep moving! Good luck on the 3 houses!
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Move on.  Obviously the other bidder fell through and they are desperate to close the deal with anyone.  Glad to hear you found a new realtor you love and let us know about the three new houses once you see them! 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • csuperstar02csuperstar02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_oh-didnt-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:41c2bb57-1dec-484f-bc5b-a9cfe619862dPost:4ca50d57-59f3-4e5d-bf82-547157637137">Re: Oh No They Didn't!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Move on.  <strong>Obviously the other bidder fell through and they are desperate to close the deal with anyone.</strong>  Glad to hear you found a new realtor you love and let us know about the three new houses once you see them! 
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

THIS! Keep it moving. Good luck with the new guy and the 3 houses.

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• edited December 2011
    how did the sellers get YOUR email info??...all communications should have been thru the respective real estate agents...but regardless my vote is for you & DH to move forward and work with the new real estate agent, the damage has been done as they never wanted to work within your reasonable request which was to let a contractor in to access the house to see how much $$$ it would cost you & DH.
  • adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_oh-didnt-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:41c2bb57-1dec-484f-bc5b-a9cfe619862dPost:a322ad91-8c52-4e6d-b997-64d0e9174c44">Re: Oh No They Didn't!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I say <strong>keep it moving</strong>. Feelings are already hurt on both sides. Definitely not a good way to start a 30-year commitment.
    Posted by wheatney22[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    That first house makes me more and more nervous the more you post about it. Why now do they want to work with you...that house must be a mess and they are trying to get it off their hands and they didn't realize you guys were serious about walking away.
  • edited December 2011
    Amb... I agree with eeeerrrythang eeeryyybody already said... and you know what to do.... Get your $$$ back and KIM (Keep It Movin').... They (sellers and RE Agent)  SNOOZED AND LOST!!!!!   They'll TRICK somebody else into buying that NIGHTMARE.... but it won't be y'all!!!!!   and sever all communications from this point forward.....
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_oh-didnt-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:41c2bb57-1dec-484f-bc5b-a9cfe619862dPost:4ca50d57-59f3-4e5d-bf82-547157637137">Re: Oh No They Didn't!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Move on.  Obviously the other bidder fell through and they are desperate to close the deal with anyone.  Glad to hear you found a new realtor you love and let us know about the three new houses once you see them! 
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

Agreed!
  • edited December 2011
    I so agree move on. Plus these people probably were lying about having another bidder. They never expected you to pull out. Dont deal with the bs. The right house is out there for you guys. Good luck !
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

K.I.M.  You have had enough stress and drama with this house.  I think that if you settle for the first house you'll have regrets.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards