African American Weddings

**M1ssJ**

ok question??? I saw the video again of the wedding frm FB and was wondering whats the significance of the feet washing in the ceremony? Ive never seen that before and was wondering what did it mean...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: **M1ssJ**

• M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It's part of communion in the religion I grew up in but in many ways it represents the willingness to humle yourself and be a servant to others (your spouse) as Jesus himself was a servant by washing his disciples feet at the last supper.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+13%3A1-17&version=NIV

We had the officiant read a passage about humility before one another between the communion and foot washing. It's one of our favorite parts of the wedding because I HATE feet  and he made me wash his foot with a huge scar :)
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • hmmm very interesting....i never knew that and your wedding was the first time i actually saw that included in the ceremony...
    You learn something new everyday.....

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    :)
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards