African American Weddings

What are you including in your invitations...

aside from response cards? I'm wondering if it's necessary to include accomodation details and directions when I can just direct everyone to the website - also not doing a menu card since we will be having a buffet. Is it even necessary to include response cards when they can rsvp on the website or is that just a formality? I just dont want to duplicate efforts! TIA ladies :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What are you including in your invitations...

• cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We directed people to the website and they could RSVP there, we did not include a response card.  We figured that if we didn't need them to mail it in, it didn't make sense to spend the $$ on a separate card to say what we could include on the actual invitation.

I cannot tell you how many guests have said they LOVED to be able to RSVP online.  They said they never go to the post office, pay all their bills online and don't ever have any stamps so it would have been a much bigger hassle to send in a RSVP card.  I'm so glad we did it that way - we have hardly any stragglers (maybe 3-4 people) and about 80% of our guest list RSVP'd within the first 2 weeks after receiving their invitation. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We're going with the response card b/c I feel its more formal and traditional. The response card will of course have the accept/decline option, but will also ask them to choose their entree.

We're also including a reception piece and a directions card.
  • edited December 2011
    I did semi pocket folds. I have an accomodation card since most people are OOT.  a celebrate card (that has our website info on it)  a directions card and a RSVP card
  • sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a response card with an envelope but guests have the option of mailing it in if they choose to purchase a stamp.  I also included an information card which let them know they could also RSVP online.  Besides those two cards I included a Directions and Reception card.  Not everyone has access to the internet (a lot of my guests are much older and not technology saavy) so I didnt want them to sturggle in finding directions to the venues.  In total 4 cards.  MY invites were also pocketfold.
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • edited December 2011
    I am directing everyone to RSVP via website / voicemail and I will include the reception details. The more you add to the invitations the heavier the envelope and the more you have to pay for postage.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

I have pocketfolds so my inserts were, accomodations( which hotels we did room blocks at, where we are staying), reception (location and name of suite), Travel (Coupons, where ground transportation is, etc...), I made a double sided postcard (one side map of the strip/other side map of how to manuever through Caesars to the garden, Caesars is so big I'm probably going to get lost too), a business card with our wedding website on it and our contact information for when folks arrive, and the RSVP postcard to send back.

• edited December 2011
    I did an insert for directions from the church to the reception site, an insert for reception details (address), an insert directing them to the website for info on accomodations and RSVPing and an RSVP card that told them how many guests they have and to RSVP either online or via our wedding voicemail.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks a lot ladies - very helpful information as always Smile.

An old college friend of mine has graciously offered to help me out with designing and printing our invites (since I have no DIY skills), and I don't want to "do too much" esp. if not necessary
  • edited December 2011
    I designed mine on photoshop and uploaded to Vistaprint and included an rsvp card (which will be stamped) and an information card, which included the physical address of the venue, accomodation info, and the link to our website.  FI's family isn't really tech saavy, so I didn't want all of the rsvp stuff to take place online.  On the rsvp card, I put that they can accept/decline, and also listed the number for google voicemail.
  • edited December 2011

We're including a response card (only doing mail-in rsvp) & a card with our wedding website, which has info re: directions, hotel accommodations, etc.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards