African American Weddings

seriously!!!!????

So ladies..........I got engaged february 3 2011 and I booked my church about 2 weeks later if that............fast forward a year and some weeks...............my pastor just called to tell me that someone else wants to get married at 4 and that my refreshment for the church guest maybe in the way..............and also to ask what is my time again....like it isnt in the book where I booked a year ago............so in so many words if i start my wedding at 3 like planned it may clash with the other wedding..........how is this my problem...oh and i already bought invites..............

Re: seriously!!!!????

• Wait what???  That's crazy.  With how much advance notice you gave them, I'd think they would be better organized.  And seeing as how you booked first, they should be booking the other wedding around yours and not the other way around.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• exactly i had to hang up in mid voicemail...............because I dont want to act up with the pastor but i will
  • Sophia1913Sophia1913 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_seriously-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:58502fc3-0a90-4653-8f86-03ed3833626cPost:6fe65075-0cfb-4635-8890-855410f193c6">Re: seriously!!!!????</a>:
    [QUOTE]exactly i had to hang up in mid voicemail...............because I dont want to act up with the pastor but i will
    Posted by kthowell[/QUOTE]

Oh man.  Girl I'm HOT for you.  I really hope it works out for you.  Try to stay calm if you do talk to them.  Maybe they can work something out since you've already got things printed.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Omg! This is a joke right? They shouldn't have even contacted you since you booked over a year ago. Wow I just hope it works out and stand your ground because you booked first.
    Anniversary
  • I am not even going to cut up...I booked over a year ago...the new people who want to have their wedding there...will have to work around me...I am not beat for this bs.....I already talk to them and said nicely that is NOT my problem
  • edited February 2012
    LOL too much! Church folk dont have their books together!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_seriously-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:58502fc3-0a90-4653-8f86-03ed3833626cPost:4d9e402f-a7d4-43bb-92e9-369dc01ac422">Re: seriously!!!!????</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait what???  That's crazy.  With how much advance notice you gave them, I'd think they would be better organized.  And seeing as how you booked first, they should be booking the other wedding around yours and not the other way around.
    Posted by Sophia1913[/QUOTE]

This EXACTLY!
    80 said yes image
  • Ummmmm... I'm gonna need for Pastor to get it together....lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • Yeah... um, that's just NOT right. With every vendor, we have a contract and rules and such. The church needs to get it right too. 
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_seriously-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:58502fc3-0a90-4653-8f86-03ed3833626cPost:1be9eb41-25e6-4d3c-94dd-498e2693e75a">Re: seriously!!!!????</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL too much! Church folk dont have their books together!!
    Posted by Ksk2012[/QUOTE

I don't know about your church but mine has several volunteers and I consistently have to stay on top of them. The church "wedding coordinator" forgot to find out from my Pastor's secretary if he was available on my date. I had to go behind her to find out for myself.

My expectations are very low when it comes to these folks.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards