• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
African American Weddings

Bridesmaids Gifts

Not sure if I've asked this before, but what are you buying for your bridesmaids as gifts?

So far I've purchased each of them a chocolate brown/gold clutch from Aldo's. A journal for them to pen thoughts. Finally I'm on etsy.com now & trying to decide between personalized wine glasses for each girl ($5), or candles with a handmade henna design personalized for each girl ($8)...

Your thoughts....

Re: Bridesmaids Gifts

• edited December 2011
    I've only been engaged for a month and my wedding is just over a year away so I have no clue as to what their gifts will be...however, I like the sound of the personalized wine glasses. My girls and I occasionally will do a girls night in and there is always wine on deck. :)

SN:  Thanks for the email...your invitations look great! I will be contacting Melody soon if I decided not to DIY my save-the-dates and will definitely be speaking with her about my invites.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    ILast year I found the cutest diamond heart necklaces on sale. They are not blinged out, just a few small diamonds, but it was such a steal that I had to get them. I think they were like $50 bucks. In addition to that Im jgetting the the usual bp tank tops. And Im paying for whoever wants to get their makeup done.

I love the wine glass idea. But im a part time bartender and a drinker. So I might be just a tad bit bias lol
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing a monogrammed tote bag.  Inside will be a black clutch purse (to match their dresses), a silver photo keychain, a black mirrored compact, and a black pashmina shaw.

I like the candles.
  • edited December 2011

I'm giving my girls rhinestone bracelets and my matron of honor a rhinestone-covered trinket box that is in the shape of a mailbox--i had it engraved with "Love, Hope, Laughter... You always deliver!"

• edited December 2011
    For your girls, I would do the candle instead of the glass, unless it's a set of them. Someone gave me one glass as a gift and i can't stand that it because it doesn't fit with other stuffs and is lonely in my kitchen. LOL.

For my girls, I thought I wanted to do the coach wristlets and bath stuff but I don't like the idea anymore

Then I wanted to give them each a Tiffany necklace. Not doing that anymore... Long story!

Then I thought I would pay for their -pick in- shoes for the wedding and their hair and make-up, but I didn't want them to feel as though it wasn't a gift but something for my wedding day.

I am thinking now that I may get different gifts to each of them according to their likes (jewelry for one, shoes for the other, spa massage/facial for the 3rd... and I can't figure out what to do with one of my sisters. She's too [email protected] difficult to please)

So obviously, I haven't figured out what I will give them, but I am thinking about it...
  • edited December 2011
    PinkPanther, I love the wording of the engraving!
  • winter443winter443 member
    1000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    @pinkpather, love the wording too!

I don't know what to get!  I may get something different for each of the girls.  We'll see...
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! image image image My Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011

I'm making gift baskets for my girls. So far I have gotten them pashmina shaws, pearl jewerly sets (earrings, necklace & bracelets), picture frame (so they can add a picture from the wedding)nail polish, and a basket for everything to go in. But I am also added the personal glasses I was going to do a local store in my town but i'm going to look on etsy to!

Philip && Tinya 12.11.10
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
     I really like the personalized wine glass idea, but I'm bias because I'm going with a wine theme for my wedding....but Mypasmita is right, the one glass may get lonely, so perhaps you should go with the candle.  I am getting my girls totes, jewelry for the wedding, wine tasting for dummies booklet (not that I think  they're dumb or anything, but it's a helpful lil' book with facts about wine), wine toppers, wine charms, and a minature bottle of wine.
  • ladylumladylum member
    500 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    $25 gift cards to Bath & Body Works and also a spa day with luncheon. We all have been through some crazy stuff lately so I thought this would be a good way for them to unwind and we can all connect.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought a few things for my bridesmaids.  I made their jewelry for the wedding day, bought them pashminas, and I bought them wooden engraved jewelry boxes which I placed the jewelry in.  Each item was under $20 too.  I think my favorite though was the engraved jewelry boxes I bought on ebay for $15.  I got to personalize them with their names and a saying. 

imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Also,  the pic I just used is a stock photo off of ebay.  I used different sayings to match my BM's personalities.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    OK ladies, well now that I've read your gift ideas... I'm totally scratching the wine glass or candle idea.

My wedding has a black love movie theme. I like the idea of the engraved jewelry boxes & personalized totes.

any other suggestions for me? Any place on the web in particular I should visit. Trying to stay under $20 per girl. I also have 4 hostesses as well.

Deb
  • edited December 2011
    I would say giftcards. Me personally, I don't like a bunch of "stuff".
  • edited December 2011
    I did a waffle knit robe with their initials monogrammed on it and a gift certificate to a popular spa.
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    DSTBride I absolutely loooooove your wedding theme.  My FSIL is getting married soon and I suggested your theme to  her.  I like the engraved jewelry box too.  Soooooo cute.  If I think of anything I will send you a PM.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards