African American Weddings

***CINCY***

Hey!  We took our e-pics today, and it was a lot of fun.  I was so mad though, because I forgot my engagement ring, and I really wanted a picture of my ring.  I can't believe I forgot it.  But she said that she will take pics of the ring at the wedding.  I wanted to turn around and go get it, but we were already running late. 

My hair looked a mess.  I'm so upset about that too.  It was the hottest and most humind day ever.  I can't believe I wore my hair down.  I have the worst hair I hate it.  Hopefully it won't look too bad though.  But FI looked hot!  I bought him that hat.  It looked so good on him.  At first he was going to wear a long sleeve white shirt with black pants, but he looked at himself in the mirror and said, this doesn't really look like me.  So I suggested that he throw on jeans instead.  Then he wanted to change his shirt, and I recommended that he keep the shirt.  It was funny to me because he usually doesn't care what he looks like.  It was kinda cute to see him get a little into it.  He said, "I want to look natural,  we have a hip, modern photographer, I don't want to disappoint her by looking too traditional" LOL.

She was great too.  She gave us a lot of direction which was helpful.  It was a sunny day, which sucked so the pics in the grapevines may not have looked as great, but she did get a few during some of the more cloudy points of the day.  I made sure to ask her to get pics of my shoes.  And on that subject, wear practical, yet stylish shoes to your session.  Don't do what I did.  I was uncomfortable the whole time.  Not because my feet hurt but because I was walking around in the grass with these silly shoes.  But they were cute though.

I had my last makeup trial today too.  You know, I said I wanted to go natural, but I think that my eyes may have been a little too natural for me actually.  I love the airbrush makeup though.  Even the photographer commented on how good my skin looked.  The makeup artist that I went to was good too because she is an aesthetician.  She seemed to be really knowledgeable of different skin types and just how to maintain healthy looking skin.  I will probably ask her to go a little bolder on the eye.  

In terms of my hair trial, I'm a little nervous.  We didn't get an opportunity for her to style my hair for the wedding, because I was too concerned about my hair for the e-pics, so I asked her to straighten it thinking that would be easier to maintain on my own the next day (wrong!).  So she described to me what she would do, but she said she won't have time to for another trial because she's booked up.  I'm a little nervous, because my hair is so weird and moody.  Not that I don't trust her, I just don't trust my hair.  I think I would feel more comfortable testing it out first, just to see how it would go.  She said that the next time she would be available is the week before the wedding, and as crazy as this may sound, I'm actually considering calling her on Tues. and asking if I can schedule that, because I just don't know what to expect with this hair, but man that would be so expensive.  What would you do?

Oh!  And you know what, I tried the pin curl thing, but that didn't work for me.  I'm sure I'm doing them wrong.  I need a tutorial on pin curling, because it wouldn't quite wrap around and stay in place long enough for me to secure it with the bobby pin.'

So how are things with you?  How's the packing coming along.  Are you getting excited about the big move and new job?  Did you ever find the second outfit for your e-pics?  DId you find a makeup look you like?  I love the Paula Patton one you posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards