African American Weddings

A Conversation or Thought?

Ok so my FI and I talk everyday about this wedding, we can not talk for one minute without talking about some kind of detail. And I also can't sleep without tossing and turning thinking about wedding stuff, I even think about it at work or walking down the street. This wedding has taken over my entire life. Has this happened to any of you ladies or am I by myself with this one?

Re: A Conversation or Thought?

• flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, i hate the fact that this wedding has consumed my life
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, it is a major part of my life but I am trying to scale back a bit. I read the recap and withdraw board and those ladies are saying they feel depressed and sad that the planning process is over. I don't want to feel a void after the big day.

Try to enjoy the moment!
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • edited December 2011
    YES!!!!! I felt like this a lot in the past, but recently I have begun to focus on life beyond the wedding more. I am about to graduate from grad school and I need to find a job... I just realized that life goes on and like the PP said I don't want to be depressed because my wedding is over! I want to be like alright! Now I am a wife! Let's go!!!!!! Just try to focus more on life after the wedding and your new role as a wife.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    It definitely has consumed a lot of my time.  I too am trying to scale back discussion about it, now that most of the planning has been done shouldn't be too hard, but I don't want to be sad or anything when its over, I want to be able to enjoy it all.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_conversation-thought?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:6a2f03c8-a608-428b-986c-c74a4bea7547Post:71edb13b-c084-4b2e-bc47-315d1d0ef5f1">A Conversation or Thought?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so my FI and I talk everyday about this wedding, we can not talk for one minute without talking about some kind of detail. And I also can't sleep without tossing and turning thinking about wedding stuff, I even think about it at work or walking down the street. This wedding has taken over my entire life. Has this happened to any of you ladies or am I by myself with this one?
    Posted by sharonda1981[/QUOTE]

Get out my head! Lol Same here and I really need to focus on other things.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• sharonda1981sharonda1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    : Get out my head! Lol Same here and I really need to focus on other things.
    Posted by mahoganieyes[/QUOTE]

I know right, yes because just like the other ladies have said there is life beyond the wedding and I don't want to be sad when the planning ends. I'm already feeling like if FI and I talk so much about it then when it's over will our conversation be dry! I hope not!
  • edited December 2011
    I used to be SO consumed with the wedding, then it stopped cause I told myself & would not make this a priority in my life & focus more on my relationship with FI. However, the past month or so, it got outta control again. As it gets closer, its consuming me again...lol. But its not too bad.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I have made an agreement with my FI that we have wedding Mondays and dont talk about it until then unless we are at an appointment or have to make a decision right then. So far it has worked greatly. But its like when I see or talk to people that I haven't talked to in a while the first question is "how is the wedding planning going"!! Im like what about me outside of the wedding lol!!!
    April Siggy Challenge: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards