African American Weddings
Options

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is this lady talking about...

This is probably a dumb question, but I emailed a bakery with a pic of the cake I like but in the picture the cake has yellow roses and I told her I want dark purple roses.  She emailed me back and said she cant get fresh roses in that dark of a purple and would have to find silks.  What is this silk she's referring to? 

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Please forgive my ignorance, but what is this lady talking about...

• Options

Hmm....maybe she assummed the roses in the picture were real so she was saying you will have to get silk dark purple roses instead of real ones.  Thats my best guess.

• Options
    silks = silk flowers

Real dark purple roses may stain your cake. If you want them to be edible let her know. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Options
    See that makes sense.  I just assumed they were gonna be edible.  I guess its my bad for not communicating clearly.  Thanks ladies.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_please-forgive-my-ignorance-but-what-is-this-lady-talking-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:6aa6e443-5fc4-4b9c-9475-2c9121960d1aPost:317a7fa9-0531-4712-a717-0d7817d5a9f2">Re: Please forgive my ignorance, but what is this lady talking about...</a>:
    [QUOTE]See that makes sense.  I just assumed they were gonna be edible.  I guess its my bad for not communicating clearly.  Thanks ladies.
    Posted by Sophia1913[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yup just let he know... but edible flowers taste disgusting (I don't mean edible plants... but the stuff they use to make them)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Options
    I was actually surprised when I spoke to my florist and she told me that purple roses don't exist. So I will have to use silk petals if I would like purple petals for down the aisle. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards