Washington-Seattle
Options

So... for the first time today...

I got a piece of mail that was addressed "Keith & Jenny FIslastname". It was on a typed address label, but they hand drew a smiley face after FI's last name. Like they knew they were being silly because we're not married yet. Then again, I know that they don't know my last name, and it was nice to include me (it was an announcement of their son's birth). Still, it was weird! I remember several months back there was a thread somewhere on here about people getting called by their FI's last name before they were married & most people thought it was weird. Well, I agree. Weird. But maybe I was annoyed because my STD magnets were (still) not in the mailbox today.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So... for the first time today...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Totally know what you mean! A friend called us "The Fi's last name" in an email about a get together. It was kinda weird to me too. Not necessarily bad, just weird.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha. It is sweet but a little premature for my taste. Although we went to a wedding a few weekends ago and I was listed as guest next to FI's name. The groom knows me and knows we are getting married. Actually, the bride does too, she mentioned we were next at her wedding. I think in that case I'd rather be called Mrs. hislastname.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was offended when FI's sister got married because she addressed the invite to him and me with FI's last name, we weren't even engaged yet...I like my maiden name and it's still my name, I get 8 more months with it!
  • Options
    ArchelArchel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I already started getting mail with my FI's last name last year! Well, not quite the same as your cutsie hand addressed letters/emails from friends. It was because he signed me up on his COSTCO account and they just assumed we were married! It was kinda funny though, because for some reason he had given them his parent's address (probably because he was moving around a lot and that was more permenant) and my FMIL recieved this piece of mail with my name and his last name. She gave him a call and asked why she wasn't invited to the wedding!
    - Rachel

Married 11/6/10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards