African American Weddings
Options

What will you do with your bridal bouquet after the wedding?

Hey ladies, I was considering making my bridal bouquet DIY with silk flowers. Mostly because I wanted to keep my bouquet in good condition Now I've been given thought to using a florist to create my vision with fresh flowers.

What will you do with your fresh flower bouquet. Will you dry it? I'm considering having it placed in a frame.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What will you do with your bridal bouquet after the wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Both my normal bouquet and my toss are fake flowers, but I plan to take my normal bouquet to the cemetary and placing it at the grave of a very dear friend who passed when I was 14.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • Options
    TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will keep it somehow. I have pressed flowers that FI has given me in the last so I may do that just to keep a few petals. 
  • Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_will-bridal-bouquet-after-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:763b066f-6216-4f59-abf1-f68ebdffb439Post:c13176d3-c4b0-4ae0-a788-41b296ab4ccd">Re: What will you do with your bridal bouquet after the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Both my normal bouquet and my toss are fake flowers, but I plan to take my normal bouquet to the cemetary and placing it at the grave of a very dear friend who passed when I was 14.
    Posted by JKeyes2011[/QUOTE]

I like it.  I never thought about doing that. My grandmother passed away and she was my best friend.  I am going to do a bouquet especially for her and place it on her grave when I go home for Christmas.

I know I want my bouquet to be real and the girls will have silk flowers.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, very good idea. My FI was really close to his grandmother, and she passed a couple of years ago unexpectedly. I did not get to meet her, but from what I hear she was a remarkable woman. We are doing something special for her at the ceremony, but I would feel so much better to place it on her grave than to just throw it away (I am horrible with flowers). Great idea Jkeyes2011!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Snaps for Jkeyes, that's a great idea
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A good friend of mine, her step mom is a florist. There is a process that she does that dries out the flowers, but keeps them looking fresh and keeps their color. Once she does that, she encases them in a clear box so they can be put on display. The only hard part about this is, my flowers are driving back from New Jersey to Maryland right after the reception.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards