African American Weddings

My Sister. Matron of Honor. Is Pregnant.!

She's due in February. I'm so happy for her and her husband cuz they've been trying for so long. Now I'm trying to figure out how to fit her for her dress. Cuz by the time we go shopping for them, her tummy will be out. We could go off of her size now, but who knows how she will be after the baby. Any advice.??
May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My Sister. Matron of Honor. Is Pregnant.!

• For the most part people who were in good shape prior to being pregnant tend to go back down to their pre-pregnancy weight and those who weren't in the best shape don't usually have the best success at dropping the baby weight. I don't know what to do in this situation every pregnany is so different, its hard to say. One of my BM's is pregnant and is having a c-section scheduled for mid-August and my wedding is Nov. For her we're just going to buy a size bigger than her pre-pregnancy size and hope for the best.BTW, I'm happy for your sister that is wonderful news!
    145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
  • Try to see about getting more loose fitting gowns that would compliment her if she didn't lose all the baby weight at first. Then, if she does loses the weight you can just have the dress taken in in some areas to be more form fitting.

Similar to a corset style but not as formal maybe?
  • The empire waist style will hide the belly if needed.  Also, if she is breast feeding the weight comes off quickly and it depends on how much weight she gains.  Plus her age and if she breast feeds her breast may get bigger and not go down immediately.
  • I'm with yolie and staten. My moh won't be in the same dress as bm's. but it looks like your getting married in may? I think you'll be right on the cut off to find a dress for her after she have the baby. Congrats on the new family addition!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I agree with an empire waist flowy! and better to get too big in materials like chiffon because certain materials cannot be let out
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_my-sister-matron-of-honor-is-pregnant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:8f1b5f12-6765-4bf5-9f67-75fbb1ac7db5Post:56ecf369-4c65-43c9-81e3-62eb8af618ca">Re: My Sister. Matron of Honor. Is Pregnant.!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm with yolie and staten. My moh won't be in the same dress as bm's. but it looks like your getting married in may? I think you'll be right on the cut off to find a dress for her after she have the baby. Congrats on the new family addition!
    Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE]

All of this... I think you can get away with it if you are getting married in May/June 2013.

Most dresses for BM/MOH's come in anywhere between 6-12 weeks(depending on where you get them)
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards