African American Weddings

FI is trying to scare me

So this weekend I mentioned to FI that when I asked a family friend (like an uncle) for his address, he said that he didn't need a std in the mail or an invitation because he would be there anyway. I thought nothing of it because he is FFIL's best friend so he woud be invited. He is personally cleaning the church for us to make sure everything is nice. FI took it as "I bet there are other people saying the same thing." So now I am getting scared and invitations havent even gone out. Fi's entire guestlist is the church and we couldn't invite the whole church. I have had multlple people ask if they were invited or comment on how nice the STD was and they weren't sent one and he has had people come up to him. I am printing individual names on the rsvp card, for this purpose but I am getting a lil nervous now. Why do I have to marry the most popular guy in the church?!?

Re: FI is trying to scare me

• edited December 2011
    I knw how you feel. We have at least 4 different churches to send invites to not including our own. I don't mind them coming to the ceremony but umm we can't feed all these people. Only certain people will get invites to the reception. Jesus feed 5,000 not us... Innocent 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fi-trying-scare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:8f549661-57b0-441a-975a-1beec1ce50fbPost:b8c1d253-5be3-4157-a764-a2c01334f6ac">Re: FI is trying to scare me</a>:
    [QUOTE]I knw how you feel. We have at least 4 different churches to send invites to not including our own. I don't mind them coming to the ceremony but umm we can't feed all these people. Only certain people will get invites to the reception. <strong>Jesus feed 5,000 not us...   </strong>
    Posted by purplehoney[/QUOTE]

SO TRUE!!!!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fi-trying-scare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:8f549661-57b0-441a-975a-1beec1ce50fbPost:b8c1d253-5be3-4157-a764-a2c01334f6ac">Re: FI is trying to scare me</a>:
    [QUOTE]I knw how you feel. We have at least 4 different churches to send invites to not including our own. I don't mind them coming to the ceremony but umm we can't feed all these people. Only certain people will get invites to the reception. <strong>Jesus feed 5,000 not us...</strong>   
    Posted by purplehoney[/QUOTE]

This made me spit out my water I was laughing so hard!
  • edited December 2011
    I have been scared to death of this same issue! FI and I both work for the same company (on different shifts no less) and both have huge families and lots of friends. I have had people come up to me sayin "I KNOW I'm getting an invitation". We cannot feed all these people. I mentioned this to my coordinator and she said after I finalize my list to also make a list for the door and have the hostess handle it there. It kinda sounds mean to me, but it is what it is. I will feel even worse when there are not enough sets or food for "extra" folks. So I am going to do that. We never planned a super huge shindig anway. Besides if I have not seen, taked to or anything in 5 years, how the hay do you know about it, lol. This will not be a family reunion or folks showing up for free food and drinks. This is a celebration of our marriage!!!
    Sorry for the vent!!! LOL! But I have been stressed about it!
  • edited December 2011
    I am having the same issue, every Sunday people I barely know at church are asking me when the wedding is. I hate when people are like, "I'm getting an invitation, right?" and you can't be in their face like, "Nope!" so you have to smile and nod whole mouthing "yeah" and thinking, "Umm heck no I don't even know you."
    This happens inside and outside of church and I don't want to be rude or mean to people, but you can't come. I guess the good part is I can't get any crazy looks from people for not getting invited because after the wedding I only have one more Sunday at that church before moving and the next time I am in town they will be moved on with life.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fi-trying-scare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:8f549661-57b0-441a-975a-1beec1ce50fbPost:b8c1d253-5be3-4157-a764-a2c01334f6ac">Re: FI is trying to scare me</a>:
    [QUOTE]I knw how you feel. We have at least 4 different churches to send invites to not including our own. I don't mind them coming to the ceremony but umm we can't feed all these people. Only certain people will get invites to the reception. <strong>Jesus feed 5,000 not us...   
    </strong>Posted by purplehoney[/QUOTE]

LOL...too funny! This should be my answer next time folks "not invited" ask where their invitation is.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards