African American Weddings

david's bridal photography

First, why are prices for weddings so inflated? Seriously, why is every photographer in my area 2500+?! I feel like i'm getting robbed w/o a gun. Lol anyway, back to the topic. Has anyone used david's bridal photography? I can NOT find any reviews about their services. I've checked a couple of threads on the knot but its just opinions from people who haven't used david's photography services.  

Re: david's bridal photography

• edited December 2011
    I didnt even know they had photography.  We are looking for one still I will check them out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I would check FB. If you have an extensive friends list (I do, so my opinion might be a bit skewed), you should post a status asking if anyone knows of any local photographers. Then, view the person's page/work.

I have SO many photographer friends, but unfortunately, they live in Alabama, New York, and St. Louis. I do plan to post a status asking if anybody knows one in Atlanta. I'd rather keep my dollars in my community, as much as possible, and I'd love to bless someone I know with the gig. My standards/expectations will be the same so I still won't hire anyone who won't do a good job.

(My NY friend would do it for you for much less than that, btw).
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with teamUS-check to see if there's anyone local you can try.

My FI is friends with a professional photographer and he's doing our e-pics and wedding for less than $1K...he's trying to make a name for himself in photography and we want to give him some help if we can.  I made sure I looked at this other pics of weddings first though, and he's good. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_davids-bridal-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:91d83b1a-d3db-425f-a53c-da5bdd533690Post:4f6e040a-db18-4aba-b3ce-3e4e574dbb8e">Re: david's bridal photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with teamUS-check to see if there's anyone local you can try. My FI is friends with a professional photographer and he's doing our e-pics and wedding for less than $1K...<strong>he's trying to make a name for himself in photography and we want to give him some help if we can.  <u>I made sure I looked at this other pics of weddings first though, and he's good</u>.</strong> 
    Posted by nitaashanti78[/QUOTE]

That's exactly where I'm coming from.

My friend in NY has been building his business for a little over a year now, and he is REALLY good. I looked at his portfolio again recently and was just like dang I wish I still lived in NY. LOL. I know he'd prob do mine for $1000.
  • edited December 2011

A very dear friend of ours is doing all of our pics for free.  (e pics, wedding pics, trash the dress) I agree with everyone else.  try local stuff.   
    Ask friends to see if they have friends that do photography.  I will also ask my photographer if he has any friends in atl that does photography cause he used to live there.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker When you are in love you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss
  • msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's the name of the photography company? I think this is the same company I contacted. I ended up finding info on them through google I think. All the reviews said the were scammers and they aren't actually a DB company. They also change their name alot because of all the bad reviews they get. I did like a $200 deposit with them but after reading the reviews about people paying them in full and they never showed up or people never receiving their pictures I decided to take that $200 as a lost and book with someone else. I'm going to search my email to find their name, if we are talking about the same company I definitely would not use them.

Are you getting married in the DC area? If so my wedding photog has great prices!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_davids-bridal-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:91d83b1a-d3db-425f-a53c-da5bdd533690Post:89d6e68f-94d5-4df3-9721-1cd2b2496de9">Re: david's bridal photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]A very dear friend of ours is doing all of our pics for free.  (e pics, wedding pics, trash the dress) I agree with everyone else.  try local stuff.    Ask friends to see if they have friends that do photography.  <strong>I will also ask my photographer if he has any friends in atl that does photography cause he used to live there.</strong>    
    Posted by Baesmom[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!!! Please let me know! I'm hoping to do our e-pics in December so we can send out our STDs around the beginning of the year.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_davids-bridal-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:91d83b1a-d3db-425f-a53c-da5bdd533690Post:50ace3b2-e350-4391-97fe-ad39dd4eb146">Re: david's bridal photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's the name of the photography company? I think this is the same company I contacted. I ended up finding info on them through google I think. All the reviews said the were scammers and they aren't actually a DB company. They also change their name alot because of all the bad reviews they get. I did like a $200 deposit with them but after reading the reviews about people paying them in full and they never showed up or people never receiving their pictures I decided to take that $200 as a lost and book with someone else. I'm going to search my email to find their name, if we are talking about the same company I definitely would not use them. Are you getting married in the DC area? If so my wedding photog has great prices!
    Posted by msapril0730[/QUOTE]

I live in a small town in MD. Its about a hour and a half from dc. Its not a david's bridal affiliate, David's bridal has launched a photography division. I think its so new no one has posted reviews about. I'm going to try and look at photographer who are "coming up" vs well established. Do know any good photographers who are willing to travel.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_davids-bridal-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:91d83b1a-d3db-425f-a53c-da5bdd533690Post:1abe1a02-917d-4c99-9f3d-ec7d072694b5">Re: david's bridal photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: david's bridal photography : I live in a small town in MD. Its about a hour and a half from dc. Its not a david's bridal affiliate, David's bridal has launched a photography division. I think its so new no one has posted reviews about. I'm going to try and look at photographer who are "coming up" vs well established. Do know any good photographers who are willing to travel.
    Posted by hmacsine[/QUOTE]

It won't hurt to ask him. Especially if you're closer to Delaware than DC.

<a href="http://www.facebook.com/#" rel='nofollow'>http://www.facebook.com/#</a>!/neosoulphoto (I can vouch for him - work and work ethic)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards