African American Weddings
Options

MY L.A. A.A. Knotties... Photographer suggestion

Yall,

I went to a bridal show today and met this photographer with a great package at a crazy price. Like $800 for all day, two photographers and a photo book. I really liked her personality and she seemed cool, so I made an appointment to meet her in two weeks. She has only two reviews one bad and one good. I havent found nay others.

so a friend tells me she heard from another friend that they arent that great. They told me to check on wedding wire for reviews but I dont see them.  So now I need a photographer and there are a million.

So i am asking my girls from L.A. (cali) to let me know any photographers they have used. My local board doesnt offer much and a lot of them are some time away from getting married.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MY L.A. A.A. Knotties... Photographer suggestion

• Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE my photographer!

Check out her website...

www.emily-photo.com

We used her for our e-pics, our little ones bday party, our family pictures and she did my buoidoir pics...

And OF COURSE she is doing our wedding...

She also did my cousins birthday session last year as well as my friends engagement and wedding pictures.

You should check her out and tell her I sent you!   :-)

HTH!
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yea...

The local girls have used Nataly Lemus and Laura Laing (former LA Knottie)

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The local board does SUCK!!!!  My photgrapher is Leroy Hamilton of Photography by Hamilton.  www.photographybyhamilton.com  I fell in love with him when he shot my first wedding for a client in 2003.  I told him he had to shoot my wedding no matter how old he was when I got married.  I am so happy with him.  He is not your typical photographer. He won't do a lot of formal posed shots, but he has a great eye for details and will capture the day as it unfolds in a personal way for every one of his clients.  Prices are reasonable. Starts around $2500 for all day shoot, you get ALL of your images on CD and he shoots engagement.  

I also like Kevin McIntyre photography.  www.kevinmcphotograph.com  He has also shot weddings for my clients.  I love his work. He has a great eye also, but his style is a little different from Leroy's. He shot Mo'Nique's wedding if that means anything for foks, but he is really talented and affordable too.  Kevin may be a little cheaper, but I don't think you get the images.  

My 3rd fave is Time on Film in Pasadena.  Charles has an amazing eye and is a master at retouching and doing magazine style albums. He has the best layouts of ANYONE that I have seen who offers that style of album.  He is pricey, like $4500, but worth the money if you can afford the splurge.  www.timeonfilm.com

Photography by Clay is also a good photographer who does a lot of work in LA. He does slightly more formal work, but has a high quality work as well. www.photographybyclay.com  He is affordable and has done some work for me as well.  He is the personal photographer of Rev. John Hunter of First AME Church in LA.  

Photography by Foxx is also a good option as well. He does a lot of political events for me but he shoots weddings as well.  Ian Foxx has a great personality so he is fun to work with. His prices are reasonable too. He has been in the business for a long time so he will take good care of you. Find him on facebook.  

I am going to have Charles create my albums for me because I love his work.  I have known Leroy longer so he is my go-to guy. Charles is the bomb for albums so I am excited about having both of them produce the images for my speical day. Hope this helps.  I think I know a couple more if you need more options. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ladies: can we do a little GTG so that we can share ideas, resources, and information? I am getting married in October but happy to make time to do so in the near future.  My honeymoon is in December so let me know what you tihink. I live in Hollywood, but flexible in locale for meeting.  Thoughts?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG thanks so much ladies!!!!

Sure I am down for one.. I live in Inglewood but I am all over L.A. on any given day.

Also, I contacted the two from the local boards also... I will check your suggestions out this afternoon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would LOVE a GTG...

Most of the girls on the LA girls are married now...they are a GREAT group of women but there are only 2 of "us" lol...

My wedding isnt until next summer so I have PLENTY of time...lol

I have an ENTIRE notebook over here...lol

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards