African American Weddings

Shenanigans or what? you be the judge.

Ladies,

I just got an actual picture of my dress that the bridal salon said they had (a sample) the actual gown and not a replica. Here is a link of the dress.

www.shop.miabellacouture.com/Christina-Wu-15441.htm" target="_blank">http://www.shop.miabellacouture.com/Christina-Wu-15441.htm

And here are the pictures they sent me without the detachable train:

Please help me decide if this is the same dress or a knockoff?
Wedding date July 7, 2012

Re: Shenanigans or what? you be the judge.

• edited December 2011
    The front looks pretty dead on from what I can see.  Can't tell from the back.  Carla, have you checked this place out with the Better Business Bureau?  See if they have any complaints against them.  That might help a little.
  • edited December 2011
    From what I can see it looks the same too... but I agree with Simbidi to check with the BBB and see what the say. Whats the name of the place? Maybe one of us knows something about them...

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Also, did you try that place TyBoyd talks about, Pearl Place? You may have already posted about this and I just need to read down...

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_shenanigans-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:9baf773e-e2c2-4540-b74c-ac4cd73c37fcPost:8db23cd2-6b59-4db1-8ccb-c7c719ec41d8">Re: Shenanigans or what? you be the judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]The front looks pretty dead on from what I can see.  Can't tell from the back.  Carla, have you checked this place out with the Better Business Bureau?  See if they have any complaints against them.  That might help a little.
    Posted by simbidi[/QUOTE]

I agree with simbidi... you can try to google reviews also
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies,

I called Pearl's Place and they do not carry the Christina Wu line. I will see if I can find reviews and check BBB.

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ms. April,

For some reason the wedding wire page always crashes but I read the other reviews. The BBB gave them an A- rating ranging from A to F. Not bad! And most of the negative reviews where about customer service and not the quality of the dresses.

I just want to be really careful ordering a dress. I've read so many horrer stories.
  • msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe post on the Cali board to see if any of those knotties have dealt with the store? I did that before when I was looking at a dress in NC and everyone was very helpful
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards