Washington-Seattle

Bridal Salon Suggestions?

Hi ladies!  This is my very first post, although I've been checking the board for awhile now :)   I'm going to be dress shopping in the next few weeks while my grandma is in town, and I could use some suggestions on where to go.  I'm looking to spend around $1,000 ($1,500 max), and will be shopping with 4 or 5 ladies.  I'm in Seattle, but willing to go a little further (north, south, eastside, etc.) to find "the dress."  Any suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: Bridal Salon Suggestions?

• mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll recomend the place where I bought my dress and my BMs bought theirs, I Do Bridal in Wallingford (near the U-District in Seattle).   http://www.idobridal.com/I_Do_Bridal/Home.html

You have to make an appointment to try on gowns.  I suggest requesting Bridget, if she's available, because she is so nice, honest, and very helpful (I believe other Knotties have recommended her as well).

Their gowns are typically around $1,000 or under (some over that).  And I would bring a max of 2 or 3 people with you, because their shop is pretty small.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • erathmerathm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo in Tukwila is GREAT and resonably priced with some beautiful gowns. I ended up getting mine there (and ended up not shopping anywhere else). Give it a try
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved Amanda's in Kirkland.  I went in thinking i wanted a certain type of dress, they brought out a ton of different kinds and i found the dress i loved.   The place is small, but they have a great selection.  Pearls and Lace in Burien is also another great, low pressure place. 
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't really want to go to David's Bridal at first, but that's where I found my dress. I had a $1,000 budget and I found my dress for $399.

I would say: Don't rule out David's Bridal. At least make an appt and check it out.

I actually drove to Portland and went to the lovliest shop called the English Dept, it had beautiful dresses, but I still liked the DB one the best!

Happy shopping!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ckonidakckonidak member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Alfred Angelo's in South Center. I LOVE Krystal! She is amazing. No pressure, worked with my likes/dislikes and we found the perfect dress. All the girls in the Salon were super nice,  but she is my favorite by far! Tell her Casey K sent you and she'll take good care of you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Pearls and Lace in Burien is an excellent place to go. You don't have to have an appointment and you can take pictures and they'll help you as little or as much as you would like with selection and putting on dresses. They have a number of styles and brands - squarely with in your budget and you can also try on as many as your heart desires. They also have a decent selection of samples on the sale rack.

I also liked Something Blue in Puyallup. It's a ways out of the way but it was really helpful that the woman who runs the shop started out with years and years of alterations experience so she can really help you know what can and can't be done successfully in alterations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    well... I agree on davids bridal, they have really cute designs for less! And they dont look cheap!

I got mine at demetrios, and I LOVED it cause I had a long engagement (IMO) and my tastes were changing like it was a trumpet and then I decided I wanted a mermaid adn they would alter anything I wanted!

Also, amandas in kirkland has goods dresses.

oh and just for fun... la belle elaines and Luly yang. But... be warned. They are expensive. But I did find a Pronovias dress at la belle elaine that I liked a lot and it was on sale for $1400. so you never know!:) happy dress shopping!
  • meganhardanmeganhardan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all of the great suggestions!  I made an appointment at Alfred Angelo for next Wednesday and we are going to go to Pearls and Lace that morning.  Depending on how that goes, I'll check out the rest too :)   A follow up question, does anyone have any tips before I go in?

THANKS!
  • rachelstocksrachelstocks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to The Elegant Bride in Tacoma! The owner, Irina, is so knowledgeable about fittings, alterations and everything! I just bought my gown there today and it was a great experience! They treat you with the attention you want, unlike places like David's Bridal.
  • larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you check this - I went to Cinderellie's closet in Edmonds.  Cannot say enough good things about that shop.  I found the dress I ended up ordering at Amanda's in Redmond (they were very heplful and had a great selection) but my dad wasnt able to come with my mom (parents live in MI) and so it was extremely important to me to be able to take pictures to show my dad and get his opinon before making a decision - amanda's did not allow that.  They told me it was because the manufacturer/designer didnt allow it.

At cynderellie's closet, they encouraged me to take as many pictures as possible, and what do you know - they carried the same designer.  I didn't appreciate being lied to by Amandas, so despite the great selection of dresses and otherwise friendly service, Cynderellie's got my business (and even offered to open their shop on the day they are normally closed since my mom was in town.  love them!).
  • wedbellwedbell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try The Wedding Bell down in Tacoma if you go south.  They're great and have a ton of dresses!
  • meganhardanmeganhardan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you everyone for all your ideas!  I was so excited to check out all of them, but I only made it to the first one I decide to go to--Pearls and Lace (my family is in Kent so Burien was one of the closest)  Thanks

kristend72 for the suggestion!  It was very laid back and I got to try on a ton of dresses, and take pictures.  The owner was very sweet, and after I told her everything that I was looking for in the dress, she picked out "the one."  I'm super excited and waiting to hear back about how long it's going to take to get here!

http://www.allurebridals.com/index.php?id=3&product_id=629

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards