African American Weddings

feedback from cake consultation....PIP

Hey ya'll

Today me and FI went to a cake consultation. I had a lot of fun.. There was so many options, but I fell in love with the 5 tier hex round. My colors are Fuschia, chocolate, purple, and gold (see attachment). So i will have my ribbon be one of those colors, and G cake topper. with flowers going down the side (not sure what kind).. ( picture of green cake is actual cake, not sure about those designs on them tho..  The other cake is just an example of a cake with flowers. 

My colors. Love them..

Cake pictures: 

The 3 flavors we tasted: Strawberry Cassata, Marble with chocolate moose, and Red velvet ( I think we will have all 3) FI really like the idea.. He like i'm gone be eating a lot of cake that night. LOL.. SMH..

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: feedback from cake consultation....PIP

• I love that hex cake! And the three flavors idea is awesome. How many guests will you have?
  • Love the colors and the flowers down the side...very pretty like Ben Israel cake! :))

And your overall theme is very rich and decadent, just like the cake! Lovely!
  • Hello G initial cake topper twin! LOL....Love your color scheme and cake design choices. How many guests are you expecting? Just asking cause that's alot of cake!
    Anniversary
  • edited June 2012

@ Mej, @staten, @ G cake topper twin.. 

thanks Ladies I really appreciate it.. ...   Ok, we will have 300 guests (the cake will serve about 320)....But... FI idea is to have a A list and B list.. So bare with me.. I wasn't enthused with this idea initially... but I'm ok with it now... About 250 guest, are invited to the sit down dinner recpetion where we will include dinner recpetion tickets in the invitiation, and the B list people include about 50 ppl, that we love kicking it/ partying with.. Ya'll follow me? LOL.. So once dinner is over there will be a group that falls in for dancing and drinks. It's too expensive to feed 300 so ppl..  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like the hexagon cake. I love your color choice as well! Dag girl you got a lot of mouths to feed.
    145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
  • I like the style we are doing same thing. Square not hexagon but we will have ribbon around the layers, cascading flowers, and initial cake topper! Love it!
    imageAnniversary
  • LOL @ FI... Great that you're having options for the guest!  And LOVE the cake choice!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio - Update 6/8/2012 LilySlim Weight loss tickers

110 Ready to have a Good Time image Final Head Count

• So glad it went well.
    imageAnniversary
  • Beautiful colors im using that purple but with lavender and silver and that cake looks soo good...i cant wait to go cake tasting myself...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_feedback-from-cake-consultation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:a7b3f0a6-e3a6-42a6-aae6-41f9db046b59Post:555a7446-1a5c-4713-9ffa-6b979cf64946">Re:feedback from cake consultation....PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]So glad it went well.
    Posted by 20pearls16[/QUOTE]

thanks hun... Good luck today with your dress fitting..:-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Glad it went so well!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards