African American Weddings
Options

NWR: Need Prayers and Knottie Vibes (Kinda Long)

Well ladies, as you know, I have been looking for another job for quite some time. It has been an EXTREMELY long journey for me and there have been MANY times where I have felt defeated or wanted to give up. 

I hadnt mentioned ANYTHING to my boss (an AA male) because I said to myself that he wouldnt know until I gave him my resignation letter. There was even someone within my department (but a different division) that told me about an opening with that division. I told her that I didnt want to tell my boss and she told me to talk to our VP (ironically another AA man) but understand that it would eventually get back to my dimmediate boss.

I thought about the position and I kept battling with myself not knowing what to do or if I was even 100% sure I wanted to even apply for the position (due to politics) so I waited and waited.

Well, Tuesday, my boss called me because he hadnt seen any work from me after about an hour so he asked if everything was ok. I said yes. Then I said, well there is something that I want to tell you and I told him that I was not happy. 

We were in his office for about 2 hours but as much as I wanted to beat myself up about telling him that I was unhappy it was the BEST thing that I could have done. 

He is in back of me 100% and he wants what is best for me.

He let me update my resume ALL morning (when I should have been working).

With ALL of that being said, there is a position within Sony Pictures that I am applying for. I am sending over my Internal Transfer paperwork to HR when I get to work and it will be forwarded to the hiring manager.

This position is a step up in my career and my boss is 210% CONFIDENT that I can do this job.

Ladies, please pray for me as I do not know where God will lead me BUT I truly believe that  have NOT been blessed me with a new position because God wanted me to tell my boss that I was looking...

If this is not the position for me, I will apply to others within. My boss told me that I do not want to look desperate so after a week, apply for another position so it is spread out.

I will be sure to let you ladies know what happens.

I have been seeing all these I got the job posts and I want to be able to share that same joy.
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: NWR: Need Prayers and Knottie Vibes (Kinda Long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards