Washington-Seattle

alterations recs

Hey ladies,  bought my dress from Cynderellies in Edmonds but their alterations lady gets mixed reviews... I just need a hem/bustle and the panel on my corset moved over, but  I know there are a few folks that ladies on this board recommend...

I live in Bothell/Mill Creek but am willing to drive (pretty sure there is a good one around me from what I remember - just couldn't dig up the old threads to save my life!)

TIA!

Re: alterations recs

• Tbird87Tbird87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with the lady at Cynderellies.  She was pretty reasonable ($300 for hem, bustle, take in about a size and steam).  I have my second fitting in about two weeks, so I can't comment about the results, but I am happy with her so far.  
  • larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    T-bird, will you let me know how it goes?  My wedding isn't for several months so I have some time to wait, I just was stressing b/c the yelp reviews were mixed. I'd feel much better chatting with someone who actually used her :)
  • Tbird87Tbird87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I read the yelp reviews, too.  I went on the reccomendation of a friend who had her alterations done there last summer. 
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Darcy at Fragile Fit in Lynnwood ... she's awesome.  She also altered my mom's outfit, and a BM's dress. 

I read about her on TK, and highly recommend her ... she also has good reviews on Yelp.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/fragile-fit-alterations-lynnwood
    Anniversary
  • larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks Jen - Darcy was who I was thinking of but couldn't remember her name
  • Tbird87Tbird87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my second fitting with the alterations person at Cynerellie's, and it went super well.  My dress looks awesome and the bustle she put in was super easy.

FWIW, the person who gave me the recommendation bought her dress there and also had a destination wedding (well, a wedding not in Seattle).  She said the women at the shop were really helpful when it came time to ship the dress from Seattle to the wedding location. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards