African American Weddings
Options

Question.....JOP then big wedding celebration?

Hello Ladies!!

I have a question. Me and my fiance have been talking about getting "legally married" at the courthouse and have our "big wedding" in August. What do you guys feel about people who get married at the courthouse then almost a year later actually having the big one for the rest of your friends and family? We have already told our parents of our idea and they are truly supportive and eventhough we are going to a courthouse still demand that they be there to take part in that. Do you feel that us doing that takes away from the big celebration that we will be having a year from now?

Re: Question.....JOP then big wedding celebration?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I see nothing wrong with it.  I actually have a friend that is planning her ceremony now but my only question would have been "How do our families feel about it?".  Her family was very upset and have made them change the vision of the ceremony because the were included in the JOP ceremony.  With you having the support of our families and I think it will be easier on you and you'll be able to enjoy both ceremonies.  Good luck and congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    irons633irons633 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!! Yes having family support is great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards